: CoTTORA Flyers - To hand out on Runs

Lysmachia
04-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Jeremy asked if we still had the flyers. Here are some. One of them I printed on both sides in card stock...

email me if you want the documents! (They are too big to attach here)

molly(dot)houck(at)gmail(dot)com

You can use these to hand out on runs when we run into other yota's or flyer them when you see em in a parking lot ;)

spindleshanks
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I leave 'em on windshields all over the state!

ike
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I wouldnt mind picking up a few.

colorado125
04-03-2008, 12:54 PM
About time. :flipoff4:

You should have my email. Otherwise. r m n p (at) yahoo

Lysmachia
04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
What irks me the most is that I can't find the kick ass version I did where you make 4 cards out of one peice of card stock. I might have to re-do it!

Avsfreak1234
04-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Avsfreak1234@yahoo.com
send em to me please. Ive seen a few trucks that made me wish I had one

Taco_Man
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Email sent...

ziggy428
04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I leave 'em on windshields all over the state!
I wish to smack those flyer on windshield leaving people but I suppose if its for cottora its ok. :bitchslap

Lysmachia
04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I need to re-group cuz the cool ones I had are lost! :mad:

gr8goose82
04-03-2008, 11:27 PM
hey molly i'll take a copy of that, let me know if you need help re-designing anything. and you should have my email, let me know if you don't

fjcruzer
04-03-2008, 11:58 PM
We could make individual biz cards too. The stock is cheapo and we can individualize them. Maybe a COTTORA background with site link info, then email and cell for individual members??

gr8goose82
04-04-2008, 12:06 AM
We could make individual biz cards too. The stock is cheapo and we can individualize them. Maybe a COTTORA background with site link info, then email and cell for individual members??

i actually like that idea, it would help out to know who you could call if you needed something, or if someone is running late to a run

DelveDS
04-04-2008, 05:28 AM
I like the busness cards too, maybe even with our avatars and/or forum names, or even individualized pics on the cards... That way they can remember us and we can remember eachother.

RockyMtnHigh
04-04-2008, 06:33 AM
I was thinking we could do this for the WFTW also, to recruit more rigs if need be.

Taco_Man
04-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I design this crap (biz cards, Flyers, Web sites, Stickers) for a living. If you guys want we can get together and brainstorm some ideas. Then I can put it together. I also have a friend back in socal that owns a printing shop. This is where I have all my stuff printed.

fjcruzer
04-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I design this crap (biz cards, Flyers, Web sites, Stickers) for a living. If you guys want we can get together and brainstorm some ideas. Then I can put it together. I also have a friend back in socal that owns a printing shop. This is where I have all my stuff printed.

I say go for it. I bet Molly can get you a CoTTORA jpeg and if you need the WFTW, I have that too.

Taco_Man
04-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I say go for it. I bet Molly can get you a CoTTORA jpeg and if you need the WFTW, I have that too.

jpeg :eek: :banghead: :xsmash: :banghead: :explode:

Taco_Man
04-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Thats fine I will just redraw them so it is better for print. Jpeg logo's are no no's for print

Lysmachia
04-04-2008, 10:26 AM
It's all about the Tiff Mike ;)

Yes lets do a meet and greet and hash this out. I'll send you what I have. I think a general card 4x6" that says "Nice truck... Please Join Us!" on the front and then has the cottora or WFTW info on the back is one project. The second would be personalized business cards we can hand out when we meet new peeps on the trails!

Mike you coming to Carnage on Sunday?

fjcruzer
04-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh screw you guys, I'm just gonna start throwing vector files around here :flipoff1:

Lysmachia
04-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Mike I sent the stuff over. I'm still pissed i can't find my original 4x6 cards. They were cool!!

You gonna be at carnage on Sunday? I have one I can show you - but hey you're the designer so I'll leave it up to you!

Hey do you have one of the new CoTTORA stickers. That would make a good logo. I think Una has it in Tiff format. (OffRDGRL)

Lysmachia
04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh screw you guys, I'm just gonna start throwing vector files around here :flipoff1:

Keep the vector files where they belong Eric. In GIS.... :neener:

Taco_Man
04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
LOL yea I will be at Carnage remember your my spotter. I just got your email. I kind of like where the flyers are at now. there not bad. I could print the flyer out on my printer at the house and brink them to the run on sunday. What do you want to do bout biz cards?

Lysmachia
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
We'll talk about that on Sunday after the run at the pumphouse where we sample some of the finest blueberry wheat! ;)

If you want to mock sumthin up and bring your lappi.... go for it!

Taco_Man
04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Will do

gr8goose82
04-04-2008, 11:46 AM
i got a bunch of blank business cards we can use as like a proof if you want

fjcruzer
04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
i got a bunch of blank business cards we can use as like a proof if you want

As do I

Lysmachia
04-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Now how does one go about getting a bunch of blank business cards? :neener:

fjcruzer
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Now how does one go about getting a bunch of blank business cards? :neener:

If you're unemployed, there's not much to put on there :xcrybaby:

gr8goose82
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
If you're unemployed, there's not much to put on there :xcrybaby:

and hence the reason i have blank ones.

and molly, you can buy sheets of them at target, wallmart, office depot, etc.

fjcruzer
04-04-2008, 09:54 PM
and hence the reason i have blank ones.

Yeah, me too...

devinsixtyseven
04-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I like the business card idea.

I've always been hesitant to leave "luv notes" on people's windshields, and for dirt sports in particular I'd rather know who I'm talking to before asking them to come with...ie there are some great people with stock trucks and some asshats with built trucks, so if they seem cool I'll hand 'em a card, and if not, I'll say "nice truck, take it easy" and be on my way.

-Sean

gr8goose82
04-08-2008, 10:54 AM
I like the business card idea.

I've always been hesitant to leave "luv notes" on people's windshields, and for dirt sports in particular I'd rather know who I'm talking to before asking them to come with...ie there are some great people with stock trucks and some asshats with built trucks, so if they seem cool I'll hand 'em a card, and if not, I'll say "nice truck, take it easy" and be on my way.

-Sean

that's a very good point you make, i know a lot of the people in my town with built rigs are just pricks, and they wouldn't help create a positive image for us. i'm not saying all, just most. so i agree that maybe we should try and meet the owners before we just leave a note saying come wheel with us. yes it's a little more effort for all of us, but i think we will all bennifit in the long run

FattyB
04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
My father and I have a small print shop that can print the cards for you too. We have a card slitter (cuts perfect biz cards from 8.5x11) so all I need to print them would be the file (hi-res., pdf preferred, or .ai, .psd). Are you guys designing full-bleed cards ( the colors/pics "bleed" off the edge) or a card with standard margins (1/8") on all sides? The full-bleed cards need to be designed @ 2.25"x3.75" with no text with in a 1/4" of the outsides. A reg card 2"x3.5" with standard margins needs 1/8" of room between outside edge and text. No need for special paper, for one it looks like crap (perforated edges look tacky), two our machines don't need it, we use various card stock s(xpedex paper store has a massive selection and we get printer discounts). Let me know if you want help!;)

Taco_Man
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
My father and I have a small print shop that can print the cards for you too. We have a card slitter (cuts perfect biz cards from 8.5x11) so all I need to print them would be the file (hi-res., pdf preferred, or .ai, .psd). Are you guys designing full-bleed cards ( the colors/pics "bleed" off the edge) or a card with standard margins (1/8") on all sides? The full-bleed cards need to be designed @ 2.25"x3.75" with no text with in a 1/4" of the outsides. A reg card 2"x3.5" with standard margins needs 1/8" of room between outside edge and text. No need for special paper, for one it looks like crap (perforated edges look tacky), two our machines don't need it, we use various card stock s(xpedex paper store has a massive selection and we get printer discounts). Let me know if you want help!;)

I am designing them full bleed. What options do you have for uv coat?

And x2 on everything you have said. I have been designing business cards professionally for companies for years.

O and I will be using Illustrator CS3 since i do all my text and graphics vector.

Edit; I had the wrong version of CS up there

Taco_Man
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Please some one give me a vector version of the logo. Perforable the one on the stickers.

FattyB
04-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Let me check on the UV coating, we can't do that in house but I will check our wholesaler pricing and get the cost, does your buddy back in CA do UV in house? You should PM me your contact I might need your services sometime, my graphics skillz are low, can't make fancy stuff in CS2, just layouts.

FattyB
04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Oops, is the card double-sided? Full-color? Oh ya the big question...how many on the first run?

Taco_Man
04-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Oops, is the card double-sided? Full-color? Oh ya the big question...how many on the first run?

I am still designing them and I am thinking about double sided. Lets say 100 for every member that pays for the printing. They dont have to be UV coated and no my buddy sends them out as well. And the flyers I can just print at home.

Taco_Man
04-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Ok guys after searching thru my 5000+ fonts I have, I found the font for the logo and now have a vector version.

http://innersparkmedia.net/cottora/cottora.png

Now time to get back to the cards... Let me know if you want a copy.

Taco_Man
04-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Or we could use this from the stickers? It is up to you guys.

http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Misc/CottoraStick1.jpg

fjcruzer
04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok guys after searching thru my 5000+ fonts I have, I found the font for the logo and now have a vector version.

http://innersparkmedia.net/cottora/cottora.png

Now time to get back to the cards... Let me know if you want a copy.

Copy please :)

Or we could use this from the stickers? It is up to you guys.

http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/Misc/CottoraStick1.jpg

I'd use this on the face and put personal info on the back :2cents:

Taco_Man
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Copy please :)

Come pick one up I am at work down the street from your place. :D

http://www.innersparkmedia.net/cottora/cottora.eps

Damn now I have to create that one and find the damn font

fjcruzer
04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Come pick one up I am at work down the street from your place. :D

http://www.innersparkmedia.net/cottora/cottora.eps

Damn now I have to create that one and find the damn font

Sorry, I'm studying;:rolleyes: cant you tell?

gr8goose82
04-08-2008, 09:25 PM
i as well think the sticker should be on the front and the personal info on the back, great ideas guys