: Please Help With S How Food 4/12

gr8goose82
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
ok everyone, i'll be getting some burgers, buns, fixin's and some dogs.

i don't have a lot of money so i can't do a lot right now. so if anyone can bring something, post up here to let me know what we'll have. pork can be brought, but it has to stay outside, i'll set up some grills, we have plenty of coolers and fridges to put everything in. if you have a question on anything address it here and i will get back to you almost ASAP

Taco_Man
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I will try to bring some beer. New Belgium beer. unless some one wants to get a cag...

hurley842002
04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
I can pitch in for whatever, just let me know.

Lysmachia
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I was going to bring my world famous bacon wrapped halepenios but um normally I heat them in the oven. I can do it on a grill I guess....

gr8goose82
04-07-2008, 11:20 PM
sorry, we just can't cook pork in the house, my dad is also allergic the the smell

poorboyota26
04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I can bring some stuff

Chips
one of those 3 in 1 packs of catsoup mousterd and relish:D

stuff like that let me know how much and of what (chips wise)

Chalkie
04-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll bring something. Just haven't quite figured out what yet.

devinsixtyseven
04-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Howzabout something crock-pot related? Maybe something in BBQ sauce? Lemme know if that sounds good and we'll bring it.

gr8goose82
04-08-2008, 10:44 AM
the way i see if if anyone wants to help but isn't quite sure, the store is a 2 min drive from here so call or stop by and see what's still needed
I can bring some stuff

Chips

that sounds great, prob just the three pack deal, and like 2 bags of chips, whatever kind works
I'll bring something. Just haven't quite figured out what yet.
glad to hear it
Howzabout something crock-pot related? Maybe something in BBQ sauce? Lemme know if that sounds good and we'll bring it.

that sounds awesome, if you want bring something to throw in, i got the pot and the BBQ sauce

devinsixtyseven
04-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I can bring some stuff

Chips

Nacho cheese flavored Sunchips and Lays baked BBQs :D.

Matt we got a crock pot here...maybe we bring ours too and do one beef and one chicken :kewl:.

Chalkie
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I was thinking about making up a pot of chili. But maybe I will bring fixin's for Hoagies. Which would be better?

mrdoug
04-08-2008, 01:32 PM
sorry, we just can't cook pork in the house, my dad is also allergic the the smell

I know that pork can be a big issue for some folks. I can bring a seperate grill down if it's preferrable.

Sign me up for a 12-pack of some tasty adult beverages.

Molly, I knew a guy who baked using a grill (watched him make a killer lasagne once). I know it can be done, I've just never done it. I suppose feeding in just enough charchol (or gas) to keep it at the desired temp and blocking the direct heat (using alum pans or equiv) is key. It'd be great to figure it out cause those peppers would be awesome up camping.

gr8goose82
04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Matt we got a crock pot here...maybe we bring ours too and do one beef and one chicken :kewl:.
that sounds like a great idea
I was thinking about making up a pot of chili. But maybe I will bring fixin's for Hoagies. Which would be better?
either one sounds good, which ever sounds better to you at the time will be fine
I know that pork can be a big issue for some folks. I can bring a seperate grill down if it's preferrable.

Sign me up for a 12-pack of some tasty adult beverages.

Molly, I knew a guy who baked using a grill (watched him make a killer lasagne once). I know it can be done, I've just never done it. I suppose feeding in just enough charchol (or gas) to keep it at the desired temp and blocking the direct heat (using alum pans or equiv) is key. It'd be great to figure it out cause those peppers would be awesome up camping.
we have a gas and a charcoal grill here plus like 3 of those portable ones so i don't think we'll need another one. x2 on the drinks. i can also get ahold of a dutch oven if need too. we're unincorporated so we can make a fire pit if needed. (i love living between city limits)

gr8goose82
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I will try to bring some beer. New Belgium beer. unless some one wants to get a cag...

BTW it's spelled KEG. and they call you the smartass ha ha ha :flipoff1: :neener:

Lysmachia
04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I've made those peppers on a grill, did it on last years Steamboat - Elli's Jeep Trail trip and they turned out great. So we'll do that!

gr8goose82
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
hey molly, i can't remember, did you say if you were going to help with food or not?

it's cool if you don't, i was just curious

numb_fingers
04-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll bring some tater salad and more adult beverages.

Lysmachia
04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Like help how? Cook everything? ;) Um No. But I am gonna bring my Jalepenio Poppers and will cook them on a grill. I'll help cook some other stuff, too. But I also for once would really like to get in there and wrench a lottle. Ya know actually do some club stuff. :D

But I'll help wherever... LOL

gr8goose82
04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Like help how? Cook everything? ;) Um No. But I am gonna bring my Jalepenio Poppers and will cook them on a grill. I'll help cook some other stuff, too. But I also for once would really like to get in there and wrench a lottle. Ya know actually do some club stuff. :D

But I'll help wherever... LOL

don't wory i'm not asking anyone to do it all, my better half was just wondering if she was going to have help (other than my moms help) putting things together

Lysmachia
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh there are some other ladies coming who said they would help (Katie with Devinsixtyseven)

But like I said I really do want to get my arms into some axle grease. Sometimes it's hard being a woman who can cook and wants to wrench :D

gr8goose82
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
that's understandable molly, i don't think anyone will get mad if you don't cook and just wrench, this is your club too.hey don't forget to bring the CoTTORA banner with you guys on when you come down

gr8goose82
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
also, molly or troy, devinsixtyseven wants you guys to bring down his welder if you could

Lysmachia
04-10-2008, 08:13 PM
We are gonna bring the welder but it might have to go in Nessie since Troy's recent ECU short. GRRRR

Also aside from the jalapenios - I will make some without the bacon for those who can't eat pork. I will also make a big pan of brownies (to be cooked at the South HOW) AND if I have time I have some apples that aren't getting eaten so I might make a few apple pies!

Sorry I was testly earlier in this thread, it's just that I am feeling overwhelmed but that can be cured by a good HOW!

Lysmachia
04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh and I forgot, prolly some seasoned and grilled yellow/red bell peppers and onions to grill. We gotta use this stuff before it goes bad! So I'm on Food Duty... the rest of ya'll gotta be on adult beverage duty!

gr8goose82
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
We are gonna bring the welder but it might have to go in Nessie since Troy's recent ECU short. GRRRR

Also aside from the jalapenios - I will make some without the bacon for those who can't eat pork. I will also make a big pan of brownies (to be cooked at the South HOW) AND if I have time I have some apples that aren't getting eaten so I might make a few apple pies!

Sorry I was testly earlier in this thread, it's just that I am feeling overwhelmed but that can be cured by a good HOW!

sorry to hear about that. i know how those problems go. my truck had something break every week for about the first 4 months after my engine was rebuilt. once i got everything replaced, i haven't really had a problem.

and just remember to pace yourself with the food stuff, i thought you wanted to helpp wrench a bit. not that WE ALL don't appreciate it., just don't put yourself out if you're not feelin it.

oh yeah, it's awsome your bringing the welder out, it sounds like we're gona have a few different welding projects to do ( mine included ). and don't forget the CoTTORA BANNER

Lysmachia
04-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah there is a small chance that we can't make it so we can fix Troy's rig. But hopefully send the welder and food down to you eather way!

poorboyota26
04-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh there are some other ladies coming who said they would help (Katie with Devinsixtyseven)

But like I said I really do want to get my arms into some axle grease. Sometimes it's hard being a woman who can cook and wants to wrench :D

Andrea will be there with me and she can help cook (she loves to cook) Molly if you don't get your fix with Troys rig you can help me change a ball joint. and maybe a rear spring. ha ha

devinsixtyseven
04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I can run up to HOW North if need be, if nobody else is headed down from that direction...but it'd be first thing in the AM.

Katie has this crock pot thing involving cranberries and applesauce and spice. We tried it with pork last night and it's totally kickass but we could do it with chicken for tomorrow. It'll have to be set up in the morning so as to be ready in the late afternoon/evening.

-Sean

Lysmachia
04-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Sean - I'll let you know later tonight what the story is.... At the very least I will have food for you to take and of course the welder... But I am hoping we solve Troy's electrical zombie when he gets home.....

RedRunnertc
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Problem appears to be fixed. Welder, tank, and cords loaded up!