TTORA Forum banner

"Bad Vendor Experiences"

81K views 187 replies 104 participants last post by  MoeDune 
#1 ·
I never like discrediting anyone on the internet, but I don't want any members being drawn into this shop.

This company is now called ProWelders, formerly known as Plush Fab. Either way any company owned buy Mark Van Meter, or any company that employs Mark Van Meter should be avoided!

Details here:
http://kyttora.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73

#3 ·
4wheelparts

4WHEELPARTS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't buy from them! Even if they have the best prices!!!!!!!!!!! There are many reason's why 4WHEELPARTS HAS THE CHEAPEST PARTS!
THEY GET THE PARTS THAT DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE MARKET! THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask Around! They Are SHIT!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Go Near Them!
Don't Talk To Them!
Their work sucks!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shame:

#5 ·
River City Differentials - Rancho Cordova

I couldn't find a folder for complaints about mechanic shops so this will have to do.

I had my truck regeared by River City Differentials back in October 05 and so far the gears have been holding up great. BUT...when I got my truck back from there my steering wheel was off by about 10 degrees not to mention that my truck pulls to the right slightly when I'm on the freeway. Also, I had to remind them to give me back my old gears.

I didn't bother bringing it back to them but maybe I should have, I'm a pretty easy going guy and decided to just live with it.

Now, when I go to change the gear oil in my front diff, the drain plug is stripped to SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK! I'm not going to bring it back to them to fix it, I'll do it myself but shit, I should have listened to AJ at Bentup when he told me some horror stories about them!

I even have some other info about them that I won't disclose cause it makes them look even more horrible...

:soapbox:

~Miguel

#6 ·
performance products never did get my bed bar. they kept telling me 2 weeks then 2 weeks later same thing again 2 weeks. i ordered it on monday feb 13th. when it didn't get here on the 29th of march, i cancelled it. just gonna get it from jason like i should have in the first place. needless to say i won't be doing any busines with them again.

#7 ·
I was told to call chris at trdparts4u (Toyota of Dallas) and was given the number. I called and I asked the person that answered if I could speak to Chris King. He said, "Hold on a minute." I then heard the person say something to someone in the background and then I heard someone else make the statement, "Tell him I'm in a meeting and I'll call him back."

Needless to say I never got a call back. I was told Chris could give good advice about OME suspension systems etc.

I wound up calling Demello and talked to Jason who talked to me and gave me good advice; when I do buy a suspension system next year it will be through Demello Offroad (due to their no BS customer service ability).

Kel

#9 ·
Well chris,

As I stated you do have good customer service reviews. And I did state this was an experience of what I had happen to ME.

If you will go back and review my posts, you'll see that I never stated I felt slighted, injured, or even picked on by the fact you did not return the call. As stated (for the third or fourth time), this was an experience that happened to ME and I was relating it.

That post was in response to someone elses post and nothing you posted. However, since you brought it up; when I am about to spend over 4g's on vehicle mods and return phone calls have to be made to make contact; yeah, it seems to me I'm chasing (then again, I don't make a lot of money and that might not seem to be a lot of money to you).

As good as your reviews are on the good vendor thread, I would think you would not feel it needed to keep defending a mistake that was made.

Kel

thanks for the reply though....

#10 ·
"Well, I am sorry that you felt slighted. I think everyone here knows me well enough to know that I try my best to help everyone- whether it involves a purchase or not."

your words above.....

I did not realize that was an apology as you made a point to mention that I must have felt slighted; when I never made that statement.

You don't owe me an apology, as I stated I was not slamming; just relating an experience. But, I did not stop to think that maybe you make or lose money off of these references or I might have went a different way;

as such,

I apologize for maybe coming off in an innapropriate manner.

And let's put it to rest.
kel

#11 ·
4 Wheel parts, enough said. They consistently screwed up so bad that I refuse to do business with them ever again.

If it happens once, its a mistake. If it happens three times, its a pattern. I have not bought from them in over half a year now.

#12 ·
My one bad experience so far has been North West Off Road and I didn't even buy anything from them!!! Now that is bad! Wow I tried to buy a header for the 2.7 for almost two months and was told over and over again to call back in a few weeks. So I was patient and waited and called and got the same answer. No eta on when they will get them in so I gave up and ordered one from LC Engineering. It's gonna be here tomorrow and I can't wait to check it out. So two thumbs down for NWOR, dont waste the phone call.

Steve

#13 ·
PORC (Performance Off Road Center)-LONG, PLEASE READ

This is for ANYONE who is thinking about ordering parts from PORC (Performance Off Road Center).

Well…..I placed an order with PORC for a front ARB locker and Precision gear sets w/install kits on Dec 20th. When I placed the order, I was told that the parts were on hand and would be shipped out. Keep in mind I am an avid EBay-er and understand shipping during the holidays, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. During the same time I UPS-ed a bunch of stuff and had no problem getting the stuff to the people.

After the Holidays, Jan 2nd, I was getting a little worried and decided to call and see where my order was. Throughout the day I talked to the entire staff, spent about countless minutes on hold, and finally in the end am told my locker is still being shipped and my gears are on back-order!!! No email, no phone call, no tracking numbers, nothing to tell me this! Don’t forget I was told they were “In Stock!”

After spending half the day on the phone with them and exhausting my options, I decided to bite the bullet and let them talk me into getting a “cheaper” gear set (not Precision) because they had them on hand AND I HAD TO HAVE THESE GEARS BY MONDAY. I was TOLD Alex was PERSONALLY going to ship them first thing Wednesday morning 3-day FedEx with a receive date of Friday.

Now knowing the gears were on their way, I went ahead and scheduled a Monday morning install appt with Baertrax. He was hesitant because I did not have parts in hand, but did it for me anyway because I GAVE HIM MY WORD they would be here by then.
I had to have them IN THE TRUCK by Monday night for proper break-in by Thursday. I am leaving Thursday for the Annual Toyota Trail Riders Jamboree in which Marlin Crawler and Jason DeMello are attending. I have been very excited for months knowing I was finally going to be LOCKED front and have my 4.88’s for this so I could compete in some of the events!!!

Thursday the 4th……I finally got the ARB locker with a UPS sticker on it. Weird because their website states they use FedEx. Either way, I was excited to finally get something.

Friday the 5th…..NO GEARS….I emailed them (they were closed by the time I got off work) wondering what is going on. No reply.

Saturday the 6th….I called PORC as soon as they opened and talked to Jason. He told me he had no idea where they are because Alex personally took care of this on Tuesday.
Alex was not there, so he told me he would call Alex on his cell to find out the shipping info and call me right back…..never heard from him again. Again they were closed when I got home so I emailed again. Still no reply!

I went one step further and called FedEx. I told them I did not have a tracking number, but she told me they can look up deliveries by their ship-to address. The lady told me there were NO SCHEDULED deliveries for my address!!!

Now, here it is Monday morning I still have nothing. No tracking numbers, no emails back, no nothing, so I called right when they opened (9 am EST). I spoke with the lady that answers phones there and she told me no one was there and wouldn’t be until 3pm. I called back again to ask her to call Alex on his cell and tell him to call me. She tells me he IS THERE NOW, and will call as SOON AS he gets done with another customer.

It is now (10:50 am EST) and I have been calling for the past hour+ to talk to someone and all I’m getting is the answering machine.

NO REPLY TO 3 EMAILS, NO RETURN PHONE CALLS, NO TRACKING NUMBER, And NO GEARS!!!!!!

My money is long spent I’m sure and I have no gears to show for and am left holding the bag.

I am SOOOOO frustrated, bummed out, angry, etc, etc…I can’t think strait. I don’t know what else to do.

I could have spent a little more money and got everything local, but I decided I would SUPPORT a TTORA Sponsor’s business and this is how I get treated.

Against the wishing of my club to POST on all the boards since Friday, I AGAIN gave them the benefit of doubt to make things right. Now I have no choice because they won’t take my phone calls or answer ANY of my emails!!!

I ask any of you…WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN MY POSITION????

#14 ·
Wow... things sure have changed there.

I had a good relation (or so I thought) with them in the past, but lately (after Colby left) things have been strained.

I used to recommend them to everyone, and even bought from them myself and on behalf of Toyota of Dallas when I was the Parts Manager.

I have been trying to contact Alex but he has avoided my calls and not returned them.

Seems like all he can find time to do his bump his thread here with a lame "Thanks for the orders" post... :rolleyes:

I hope they finally come through. After what's happened, I will just deal with Randy's I guess...

G
#15 ·
Patrick, It is completely fucked that you did not get a response to your problem until you posted up all over the TTORA board...

What this tells me is...

#1 they were not concerned with your individual problem/business...

#2 Until they saw that their overall business reputation could be threatened on this forum.

I purchased my Lockrite locker from PORC last year, through Toyota of Dallas when Chris was parts manager. It is the only product I have purchased from PORC. Since I did not purchase direct I cannot comment on their customer service... Other than to say the product they initially sent was completely wrong. Fortunately for me Chris was on it, and got them to send the right part.

#16 · (Edited)
stay away from PORC & TJM

ok,i talked with Alex on the 2nd about ordering a TJM bumper.he said he would contact TJM and get my shipping costs and call me back.
he did call me back and gave me the shipping cost and informed me that they were "in stock". i ordered the bumper on the 3rd,money was pulled from my account on the 5th.i was told it takes 5-9 days depending on 1) were i was located 2)ups pick up
well,i gave them 5 days before i called looking for my tracking number.tracked it,nothing.gave it a day....nothing. tried again that night,whats this...refused by recipient?!never made it out of TN.called porc,got a story about TJM having issues shipping.alex said the problem was fixed and gauranteed me it would ship tuesday(today)tracked the pkg.same thing.now i called them back and was then informed that not only was it messed up,they didnt have a bumper to ship,that they were on back order and that they were going to ship a bumper that has scratches,few dings and no turn light holes.
so needless to say i told them to give me my money back.then i was told that i had to wait to talk with alex because he was the only one ho could do the refund!wtf gives.now i have to wait for him to call me.updates will come as they are avaible.

#19 ·
and the sad thing is if they had called and said "hey,we focked up.tjm only has a blem to ship and well credit you back some"i would have gone for it.its a bumper for christ sake.its gonna get beat on.and as far as the lights go,i would have used LED's

#20 ·
here's another, Jaws Gear

Worst customer service I've ever had. For advertsing being a mom and pop type company wow. Seven months later I should finally get the short shipped master install kit for my front end tomorrow. This is after they've given me the run around for this long they overnight shipped it today. I posted in the buyer seller section but figured I'd post here as well. Please do yourself a favor and don't buy from them

#21 ·
another update

finally talked with alex today. decided to see what they were willing to do.anyway. the TJM bumper they have has no turn signals in the bumper and has some paint transfer. so they gave me 75$ off the price of the bumper. the said it was a bumper for a AUS bumper.figure i can put some LED motor cycle lights in there for turn signals.well see if they really get it out today or not :rolleyes:

#22 ·
I hate 4wheelparts!!!

I posted about a center console that was on sale in the 4wheelparts magazine.

I purchased it in the middle of december and it was way to sa. Then at the end of december I was called and told it will not be here for another 2-3 weeks from the warehouse. SO got it right before Jamboree, then realized it's the wrong one. It's not even the one in the magazine, I call them and tell them and they say come by and we'll exchange it. I go by today and he says oh sorry that a type-o and there is nothing we can do about it.Then trys to sell me the one thats suppose to be on sale. What a bunch of BS.

He told me that they were informed of the typo in the magazine ,but I was never told. Then he told me there is a disclairmer, pretty much saying they can lie about prices and do whatever they want in those adds. i hate them !!

What ever happen to, the customer is always right?

adam

#23 ·
let the letter writing begin. find that guy's supervisor and then take it one more notch to the manager above him/her (probably a store/general manager.) if the clerk wants to feed you that load of BS, fine; let him. but if all you say is true, there is no way management will let that lack of customer service slide.

they sent you: 1) the wrong product 2) it was late 3) the clerk had no sense of customer service or empowerment or any sense to try and fix the situation for you (such as saying, "Gee, this is a messed up situation you are in. There is nothing I can do, but let me talk to my supervisor and see what we can do.") 4Wheel Parts should support their employees and let them empower themselves to make decisions to keep the customer happy, especially when the customer ACTUALLY IS RIGHT and not just trying to get something for free.

try talking on the phone with management and if that doesn't work, start writing letters to corporate. the bigger (yet remain respectful and fact-based) scene you make, the more that will get accomplished. trust me; i was a hotel manager....it will work!

if for some reason it doesn't, send me a draft of the letter and i'll proofread it, flower it up with some irresistable and downright deadly diction and you'll be good to go. one of my friends got a ticket for going down a clearly marked "closed road due to flooding." we wrote a letter, presented the facts (Lying will get you nowhere; stick to the facts) and he got off and didn't have to pay :cool:

#25 ·
PathBlazerTRD said:
find that guy's supervisor and then take it one more notch to the manager above him/her (probably a store/general manager.) if the clerk wants to feed you that load of BS, fine; let him. but if all you say is true, there is no way management will let that lack of customer service slide.

they sent you: 1) the wrong product 2) it was late 3) the clerk had no sense it will work!
X2

#26 ·
Adam, who did you deal with over there? Is scott (was asst manager) or Chris (manager) still there?

If you might recall, I bought my first set of wheels from those jerks. First set came in with two of the wheels completely bent, wouldn't even roll straight across the show room floor. then second set came in, with only one wheel bent the second time.

I had them installed elsewhere at my tire shop. had wheels on for one week, never would balance. So I got fed up with it and took the wheels back. I only spoke with Scott at the time because even that Chris was trying to jerk my chain.

I ended up with a new set of aluminum wheels from them, yes I paid a little more than I wanted, but they were trying to tell me that they did not even have a return policy on used rims.

Point being, be direct, be firm, and above all stay calm, Especially with that Chris if he is still the manager.

I had to deal with Chris on some other minor parts and after a while I was able to pretty much get what I wanted.

I would think you would be the same after you puncturing the sidewalls on your Procomps way back in the day! (yes I still remember that run...it was both yours and mine first TTORA run)

Here is something pretty stupid about 4wpukes. did you realize that the San Antonio store shares one common element with the Indianapolis store? The general/regional manager is the same person. He is responsible for the entire middle part of the country. Or so I was told when I first moved up here. That information came from an employee. To me that is just ridiculous! Too much area to cover efficiently which is also part of the problem!

Not sure whatelse or where else to start bitching at. but don't let this die, I am sure the corporate headquarters would like to hear about your whoas!

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.