TTORA Forum banner

Eagle Alloys SuperFinish.......what is it???

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  muddypenguin 
#1 ·
I want Mickey Thompson Classic IIs BUT they are just polished raw metal. that wouldn't hold up very well in a salty winter envrionment. so I'm looking into other options. I see that the Eagle Alloy 186 (M/T lookalike) is advertised as having a Super Finish. Question is, What the heck is that? Is that clear coating, epoxy, cousin Fred's special sauce?? I couldn't find any explanation of their finishes one the eagles alloys site.

Would these wheels hold up better to salt and a little neglect? And would the 15x8 fit? If i don't go with a 15" rim about the only 16" tire that i'm willing to pay the price they want for them is the Nitto Terra Grappler........15" tires i have my pick of any of them.....

thanks for the help
cart

#2 ·
The wheels I have now are the 186s. I bought them as factory blems with plans of painting them. But before I did, those dang things shined, like blazing shine. I swear I needed sunscreen to check the dang tire pressure. I was hoping they would dull out like my previous MT IIs did, but they held the finish. I know this does'nt really answer your question, but if your after a lasting finish, I think they'll do ok. Also check out "Toms Wheels" on ebay. He often runs auctions for them as factory blems. You can get they very cheap and I could'nt even find blems on mine.

#3 ·
thanks. so they have some kind of coating besides just a fancy polish? i want a bling bling shine that won't dull just because of salt so i guess MTIIs are kinda out :( the Eagles are as cheap if not cheaper the MTs also.

thanks again.
cart

#4 ·
what size rims did you have?

#5 ·
Well the MT IIs are some reallly nice wheels. But mine seemed to dull out quickly, but then again I have'nt washed my truck since last May lol. I only sold the MT IIs cause I needed some 15x8s. I'm not sure if the eagles used a seperate coating process or if its just a hellacious polish. If you look in the penguin album following my link below you can see them in one pic. I think its titled "not looking so good" They had been on for about a month at the time. As for the size, they are 15x8s with 3 1/4" BS. My truck is a 98 and they fit fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.