TTORA Forum banner

Lift is on (pics)

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tderose 
#1 ·
Got my lift installed monday and the tires on today!
The sytem i went with is OME882s upfront with the stiff struts, out back i did an allpro ubolt flip, some deaver 8leafs, OME comfort shocks, and a 1inch lift shackle from toytec. The tires are 255/85/16 bfgs. I like the setup and the tires rub on the frame pretty good (steering stops?) but nothing i cant live with or modify. Looks like ill rub on the fenders, ill post some pics when i flex it out to measure for bumpstops, then some wheeling pics!!!
stock:

taken about 10mins ago when i got home from the tire shop:

Thanks to evreyone on here, i did a ton of searching and would have known nothing about what stuff to get without this site!

See less See more
#2 ·
That front seems to be too low? it looks like the same height as my stock 95 with a V6, and almost 200,000 miles. Other than that I like it, I was hoping to go with that tire size eventually too, but we will see after I get my lift on.

#3 ·
I forgot to measure up front when i put the lift on, but it looks like i gained an inch or two. I didnt put the lift on for height tho, i wanted to get the best performance (i know coilovers, i have road salt to deal with) and fit the biggest tire i could on there to keep the CG low. Im happy with the stance! This truck was a snap to lift, i got the front struts off and me and my jeep buddies were like "thats it?" holy crap thats easy!

#4 ·
how's the power with the 255/85 and 4.10's? MPG yet? I have a set of 255's ordered, haha.

Truck looks great, i'd paint the bumpers and core support black though :2cents:

#5 ·
CYi5 said:
how's the power with the 255/85 and 4.10's? MPG yet? I have a set of 255's ordered, haha.

Truck looks great, i'd paint the bumpers and core support black though :2cents:

Thanks man! The power isnt bad, I hardly noticed a drop, the braking is what I noticed the most (expected). I have only driven this thing like 10miles since the tires so no MPG yet. As for the bumper, i like the white on there, gives it a nice look i think. I gotta yank it off and repaint it this summer, its rusting crazy bad from this salt! Im going to paint all the junk behind it black though.

#6 ·
95taco said:
That front seems to be too low? it looks like the same height as my stock 95 with a V6, and almost 200,000 miles. Other than that I like it, I was hoping to go with that tire size eventually too, but we will see after I get my lift on.
Looks normal to me. Look at the before and after pic and the angle of the control arms in the third picture.

#7 ·
Yeah now that I look closer I was just ASSUMING that those were stock tires too....lol, idiot, it is friday and I need a day off. I have tomorrow off, and it is my first in over 5 months.

#8 ·
95taco said:
Yeah now that I look closer I was just ASSUMING that those were stock tires too....lol, idiot, it is friday and I need a day off. I have tomorrow off, and it is my first in over 5 months.
Na, it's gotta be the cold up there in Wisconsin! I can't imagine what the must feel like! Bless your soul!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.