TTORA Forum banner

TSS vs. TRD?

32K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Spoony Love 
#1 ·
Need some help, as I am not as familiar with the Tundra options and packages. I am considering an 06 Tundra D-Cab 4x4 with 15K miles. From the pictures it looks like it has "Limited" badging, and the TSS package.

Since I am a Tundra newb, can anyone tell me the difference between the TSS and the TRD? I thought that they both had LSDs, but is one geared lower or what? Thanks for all your input.

Jeremy

#2 ·
I would go with TRD, i think the TSS was some sort of dealer thing, basically stickers.

#4 ·
I think it is a dealer thing too, but I think it is basically like the difference between a TRD Off-Road Taco, and a TRD Sport only in a Tundra there is no rear locker so they both have an LSD, and the TSS gets some sort of 20" wheel upgrade.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also I think TSS stands for Toyota Street Series or something gay like that. But a 3" lift, some mud tires, and a little sticker removal can fix the gayness. :)

#5 ·
Why wouldn't u walk in. Sit down, and ask them what the difference is.

#7 ·
My wife and I bought an 06 Tundra about 5 to 6 months ago, we opted for the crew cab TRD model. Even though its just the 4.7L, it has plenty of power and so far the gas mileage isn't bad either. With the way my wife drives, I think she is getting anywhere from th elow to mid 20's. Go for the TRD its what you know more about and you won't be dissapointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.