TTORA Forum banner

Places to wheel...

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Fuod 
#1 ·
#2 ·
you pretty much named the three places I know of in Indiana. With your experience level though, I would suggest you hold off until you can go with someone to show you around and what your truck can do.

Besides it is always best not to go off pavement unless you have a wheel'n partner. It is kinda like scuba diving…use the buddy system!

Now back on topic. There may be other places in the state that I don't know of. I have only been up here a short while.

Other larger known areas to wheel in would be places like the Rubicon in Cali, Moeb in Utah, Gilmer in Texas, Farmington in New Mexico etc, etc.

as you can probably tell, there is great wheel'n across the country, you just have to decide on what is too far to drive to.

I enjoy going to kentucky everytime we go down there, but that is a minimum of a 6 hour drive regardless of where you go.

Oh yea! there are the cliffs in Illinois (bad for long wheel base vehicles from what I have heard) and Hannibal down in Mo.

#8 ·
Are you talking about the gravel pit? Is it based around a man made lake? How new is this place? :confused:

I live a few miles from that intersection and drive through there every now and then and I haven't noticed anything 4x4 related. Of course I didn't know I should be looking either.

#4 ·
there is a small place in south western IN called Interlake, they are currently closed, part of the IDNR reclaiming of a mine. they open it up every year for a Toys for Tots ride, and are planing on opening back up in the future. about all i can find on it is its in Spurgeon, IN.

And the Big Nasty is out that way also in Stanly, IN.

#5 ·
Only thing about urban wheel'n is, you need to make sure it is legal to be on the land you are wheel'n on.

there was many a ticket handed out back home when guys thought they found a good place to get off the pavement but be close to home.

#6 ·
you got any dates for when that first place opens for the tft? might be something to look into as a group run for the club.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.