TTORA Forum banner

06 Toyota Tacoma build

15K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  razr 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#5 ·
damn dude thats siick

#6 ·
Thanks. The rear has Deaver 64s with Fox 18" double bypass shocks. These are all the pics I have at the moment, but I will probably take more shots in a couple weeks. The truck rides great with the l/t. I want to do more things to it, but it won't be for a little while.

#7 ·
Nice, I like how you made the whole bedcage removable and how you also made the rear spare mount/bumper removable if you need the bedspace:kewl:

I'm sure you have some tall strike pads on the axle that I just can't see in the pics cause those airbumps are mounted up pretty high

Looks like a Giant shackle and shackle mount too, did you just get the whole 64" kit and make it work? I was thinking about doing the same...

Did you get inspiration for the build from Ryguy???:p
Anyway good job, can't wait to see some action pics...

#10 ·
NICE TRUCK!! YEAH I HAVE A BUDDIE!! I Saw the pic in your avatar.... I was like, holy sh*t.. Someone stole a pic and used it as there avatar.. lol.. Im not that cool!! OK PM Me.. You need to take this out on the run 5-3 with us and run this at barstow!! This looks clean man! Who did the work?

#11 ·
Thanks guys, I actually got the Giant shackles and mounts and made them work for the Tacoma. Took a lot of work. As far as the wheel spacers, I did not need them up front because I ground the brake caliper down slightly and made it work out. The strikepad is sort of high, so it still hits the bump perfectly and comes within less than a 1/2 in. of bottoming out. I did a slight c-notch in the side of the frame and plated it so the u bolts do not hit the frame. I also put urethane bumps on the frame because Baja Mike at Kartek told me to make sure the bump does not completely bottom out. I cycled and articulated everything about 50 times before I started welding it all up. As far as the build, I contacted DMZ last April about a shackle kit, but they hadn't made a setup yet. I decided to go to Geoff at Giant last May and he had a setup for a Ranger, but I made it work on the Tacoma. I saw Ryguy's truck on the internet after I had started to build my truck. Took a lot of work, but I am happy with how it turned out. A lot of respect goes out to Geoff at Giant and Baja Mike for answering all of my questions on the build.

Long beds:kewl:

#13 ·
ooooooooh shit son! LOL

you have to defintely bring that beast out next run....(5/2-5/3).i wanna see it in person

Out of curiosity where in socal are you located?

Ps: i pmed you about the tow hitch on sale...and i was also wondering about your avatar pic....i knew you were gonna post a buildup sooner or later LOL

#21 ·
kinda looks like a spitting image of mine.. Its like my evil twin!! ROCK ON! LONG BEDS 4x4 LT's RULE!!!! WHo wants to challenge us?? lol.. BTW, how much travel you getting out of that rear? Also have you got a chance to take it out in the dez on high speed runs? If not, let me know and Ill go out any time!! BTW, what size tires are those? What size rims too??

#24 ·
x2

#26 ·
thanks , who did the driveshaft work, local?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.