TTORA Forum banner

Calico 2012

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  rivethead242 
#1 ·
What a great trip! Scuba lead us on the hard run, while Tyler and Johnny took off and did some scenic exploration.

This year we went up Odessa and down Doran. Odessa seemed a bit more torn up than I remember from last year, not to mention going up made for some fun challenging obstacles. Glad everyone was able to make it out and have a good time.

I'll try and get my video edited and uploaded in the next few days as school permits.

Didn't get many pictures, but here's a few teasers to start it off.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
just wanna give a shout out to john and tyler and who ever else that put this whole event together! and to scuba and the other 2 all pro guys (jesse and david if i remembered correctly), who lead us through the hard run. I just wanna say thanks for making this a fun event, i had a blast! it was also nice meeting some new faces and wheeling with everyone...heres a few pics from my go pro and cell phone

#5 ·
Here's some highlights from my Saturday scenic run with Tyler. Thanks again Tyler.

The entire album
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/582607308JSevMH

Some shooters completely ignoring us.

Oregon Silver Mine

60 foot caverns

Mine shaft

My son looking for the monsters

My son and I

From the top of Odessa

Scuba gettin' after it up the waterfall

Made it!

Jason Demello going up the waterfall...but did he make it?

John attempting the water fall

Father and son

Wall Street canyon

Praying for this boulder not to move

#6 ·
Great run with a good turn out. Thanks go out to Scuba and Tyler for leading both runs. And a big thanks goes out to John (rivethead) for the garage space and the ride to YotaMasters to get a wheel bearing done on Friday. Going up Odessa was a blast but got just a hair tired of racking rocks on the way down Doran :p. Thanks again to everyone for coming out.

#7 ·
Calico Trip

Just wanted to say thanks to John, Scuba and Jason for a great trail run on Saturday. Had a blast. It was fun to see what our trucks would do on Odessa and Doran. It was great to meet Jesse and David from All Pro. And to the great group of Toyota wheelers, hope to see you on the next trail runs.

Enjoy the pics and videos on the link. I am still loading so check back. Didn't edit any thing but here it is.

https://picasaweb.google.com/MandDVanDyne/TTORACalico4712?authuser=0&feat=directlink

#13 ·
All of my pics are here:
http://www.showstop.org/gallery/calico-apr12

Arrived at camp around 1:00am on Friday night / Sat morning. John and his buddy were still up drinking PBR and Tecate in the 40° weather. I got all set-up, cracked a few beers and then searched for some warmth in my sleeping bag.

The morning started off slow with everybody just hanging out. We organized a drivers meeting about 10am and the two groups headed off. Scuba lead the hard run up Odessa and down Doran. Johnnie and I hit up the scenic tour.

We started off by heading out Mule Canyon toward the power line road. We took a detour south to a parallel trail that follows some mines and tailing piles.

From there we found a spot to get Johnnie stuck. In his defense, this was some soft ass shit and it was the only time the whole day he got stuck. :cool:

We drove out to the power line road, decided not to go all the way to the dry lake and instead headed up to the north valley area. There was a group of shooters camped out in the valley. They were shooting across the trail we were driving on (illegal). It took a few minutes before we could pass and we continued up to the overlook.

After that, we headed back down toward Tin Can Alley and then up to the top of Odessa Canyon. From there we went down to the Oregon Mine to do some exploring.

After we got done with that, it timed out perfect for us to meet with the other group coming up Odessa. Got to watch them climb the waterfall ledge.

Scuba-

Brandon got a little close to the ledge, so we hooked up to him for safety-

TacoEng ramping the wall-

Rivethead-

We had lunch near the Oregon mine where we stopped earlier to explore. Scuba tried to take a shortcut...

After that, Johnnie and I headed north to the dry lake overlook, then over the Wall Street Canyon overlook, back up to the Bismarck mine, and eventually back down Philips Loop to camp. We arrived at camp just after 6pm. Johnnie headed home and we sat down for a nice quiet evening around the campfire. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.