TTORA Forum banner

My RC collection

27K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  TheeMikeB 
#1 ·
Thought you guys might like this, I will have to post the Toyota only section
soon and pics of the scale 3rd gen pickup crawler.

Tamiya Hilux Monster Racer-traxxas brushless, 8.4v 5000mah, self machined 6061 diff housing, does 50mph+ wheelies all the way there. body took days to paint

Isuzu Amigo scale crawler- losi mrc self stretched to 9.75" wheelbase running mamba micro pro speed control, hi torque micro servo, losi 370 motor, all electronics mounted on front axle (currently sitting on a 3rd gen pickup body)

Nissan Hardbody-100% hand painted body-built using all stock radio shack electronics, gears and drivetrain parts from other trucks-runs 45mins and 4x the stock power

My Tyco Bandit sitting on the worlds fastest Ferrari

Big Bad Kong

Hobby cars

Tyco

Radio Shack

Nikko

New Bright

Not an rc car yet but will be soon, FJ

See less See more
#3 ·
man ! i remember the bandit i use to have one they were bad ass!

#5 ·
Hahaha well, I keep everything in a box in the RC room.

#6 ·
sooo... curiosity has got the best of me...

do U have growing boys living at home..? a strange fetish..?
or... are you simply a dept. store impulse purchase junkie..? :dunno:

or maybe you just have too much money...
and don't know how to spend it properly ? :shiner: :D

#7 ·
sooo... curiosity has got the best of me...

do U have growing boys living at home..? a strange fetish..?
or... are you simply a dept. store impulse purchase junkie..? :dunno:

or maybe you just have too much money...
and don't know how to spend it properly ? :shiner: :D
I hope he has kids... cause he has a power wheels...:lmao: Or maybe he driver that to work cause of the gas prices.:D

#8 ·
95% of these are from the 90s and ive bought most all from ebay. I bought many of them because they were cars i wanted as a kid so ive found them at great deals and couldnt pass them up.

Believe it or not a lot of them have gone from being worth a few bucks to way more then they were new. So ive bought others to keep for when they are worth a ton then ebay them off for big bucks.

I just got married last week so I dont have any kids but me and my wife are just dying to have a couple boys to spoil them with cars.

I actually bought the power wheels to make an RC car out of because it has twin 750 motors and will handle more voltage than any other electric ride on car. I am also gonna convert that to 4wd, which has already been done on one before. Haha with gas prices riding it to the shop wouldnt be a bad idea.

#9 ·
Badass collection!!! Im recently got back into it again.

Here is my collection so far

#10 ·
here is mine

There is no body just a cage cause the body has been blown to bits ....this thing is stupid fast.

#11 ·
Your Nikko collection needs a Big Bubba, and your Tyco collection needs a Turbo Outlaw Sprint Car. :D

I had both of those as a kid and loved them. I also had a Tyco Bandit and Eliminator as well.

I've still got one of the early model gold chassis Associated RC10 buggies in the attic, and some sort of very early Traxxas buggy similar to their Bandit.

#12 ·
That new 4wd slash is bad ass, thats on the list too

I actually had a turbo sprint car but some guy drove from Louisiana through the snow to come get it last year. He bought some other tycos too so I let it go.

Yeah the older buggies are the coolest, the traxxas buggy you have is most likely the silver bullet or "nitro buggy" if not electric

#13 ·
I wanted this so bad when I was 10...

I asked for it every year for christmas and birthday for 2 or 3 years... I just kept getting generic wal-mart type r/c trucks. :eek:

Actually, this r/c truck & the back to the future truck were the reasons why I got my first Toyota. :)

#16 ·
Actually, this r/c truck & the back to the future truck were the reasons why I got my first Toyota. :)
I am amazed at how many folks have said that to me... It was my inspiration as well :D

I fell in love with Toyota 4x4's after seeing that rig.

There is a truck just like that one at a local Discount Tire... wish I had some $$ to go make him an offer he couldnt refuse :p

#14 ·
Same here, the back to the future truck and the ivan stewart truck are why ive been a toyota fanatic since I was a little kid. The other biggest thing was that game "Super Off-Road". I had it on Nintendo, Super Nintendo and played it at every arcade back in the 90's.

My first Toyota was exact same as the BTTF truck but an 86

I have one of those Tamiya pre-runners, I just need to paint and decal the body. I did actually have my monster racer body on my pre-runner which is nearly identical except for the grill and tail lights

#15 ·
Actually, there is a Tamiya Prerunner brand new in the box on ebay right now for Buy it now $399 or best offer. Hmmmmm, Im tempted haha

#17 ·
I had a Nikko Big Bubba, Turbo Aero, and, the ULTIMATE: Thunderbolt/Super Lobo!!

Nice collection!

Jwp

#18 ·
Your Tyco selection just took me back to when I was a kid! I had every single Tyco r/c that Toys R Us carried. Good times!

#19 ·
It's funny how most of us on here got a Toyota mostly because of the Back to the Future Toyota. I'm no different.

Senior year in high school my parents got me an '87 Xtra-cab SR5 4WD. Had it for 5 years and sold it to my cousin, cause I'm an idiot. Fixed it up kinda like the one in the movie, cept I kept it the original color charcoal gray. Now I wish I never got rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.