TTORA Forum banner

which weekend should the Southern HOW be?

• april 12

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • april 19

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • april 26

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • later

Votes: 1 4.8%

Southern HOW dates

4K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Asha'man 
#1 · (Edited)
OK EVERYONE,THE SOUTHERN HOW AT MY PLACE IS GOING TO BE SATURDAY APRIL 12. SO PLEASE COME ON OUT AND JOIN US. ONE AGAIN WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH PROPERTY FOR EVERYONE. WE CAN EVEN WORK ON THREE TRUCKS AT A TIME INSIDE THE SHOP. WE'VE GOT ABOUT A 1/2ACRE OF LAND THAT IS PAVED. AND FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO STAY, WE'VE GOT 5 EXTRA BEDS, 5 COUCHES, THREE UNUSED SHOWERS, AND FOR THE FUN, OUR BASEMENT IS THE PERFECT PARTY PLACE, WE'VE GOT A BIG SCREEN, SURROUND SOUND, STEREO, AND BEST OF ALL A POOL TABLE. SO SERIOUSLY COME ON OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN, EVEN IF YOU JUST WANT TO COME LATE TO HANG OUT. HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU THERE.

ALSO, JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, HERE IS THE ADDRESS FOR THIS HOW AND MY PHONE NUMBER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
3863 EAST DOGWOOD AVENUE
PARKER, CO 80134

PH: 303-908-0277

MATT

#2 · (Edited)
Hey also, you guys should post up to let me know the things you need and want to get done, i'm sure we got the toolsfor everything, but just in case i need to what what we don't have equiptment for.

Here is a list of tools we curently have in my shop:
-industrial air compressor
-small air compressor
-paint sprayer
-all hand we could need (including 2 chain wrenches)
-spring compressors
-a couple of drills, sawzalls, grinders
-2 creepers
-2 welders
-bench grinder
-chop saw
-drill press
-press
-2 3-ton floor jacks
-industrial air gun
-engine hoist
-pipe bender (old school style)
-and much more

things i have personally done in the shop:
-complete engine overhaul and rebuild
-engine swaps
-basic maintnance
-suspension work
-paint and body work
-fabing steel products
- and much more i can't think of right now

basically guys, if you can't do it in my shop, i don't know if it can be done

#3 ·
Matt this is awesome expecially since the North HOW has to take a break after one of our neighbors complaiend (Though we did have 24 rigs at one point) LMAO. It was insane!

#4 ·
that's ok, cause we got 2 acres of land, and like i said, if we get too loud at night, or during the day, my neighbors will come over to join in. we've known them for over 20 years so it's just another day when we have a party, or a stripped truck in the front yard. lol

#5 ·
I'd personally prefer later in April so I can maybe get some things done on my rig, but I'll come check it out either way. Sounds like a great resource to have - thanks for volunteering the shop!

#6 ·
hey man, you're right down the road, And this isn't just for you, but for ALL COTTORA MEMBERS:

IF YOU EVER NEED/WANT SOME WORK DONE AND CAN'T MAKE IT TO A HOW, JUST GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, AND MY SERVICES AND FACILITIES ARE ALWAYS OPEN TO ANY OF YOU. YOU JUST NEED TO LET ME KNOW SO ICAN BE AVAILABLE

#8 ·
I haven't take the poll cause there's no option for "any of the above". I'll be there to hang out, lend a hand and learn something. I don't know if I'll have any projects needing to be done till it get's closer.

As for HOW north, I have a place and some neighbors I wouldn't mind pissing off a little. I can't do the 24 truck thing, and I'm short on tools/equipment etc.. but I have the space if it can be used.

#9 ·
What main road are you off of in Parker. I live off 86 in Elizabeth.

#10 ·
I may need some help before April. I have the parts coming to lift the rear end of my Tacoma.

#11 ·
that's fine, i'm pretty much at the corner of Lincoln and Chambers, in grandview estates
=

#13 ·
it's been done, I've posted the info on WFTW. so hopefully we'll be able to start meeting some of these other people soon

and so far as it stands, i'm thinkin the 12 is going to be the date for this. but it's not set in stone yet, determination will be made after this weekend.

#15 ·
hey just to let you all know, so far on the WFTW site, there has only been 12 people to view the post about this, and not a single person has replied, so i'm thinking we probably won't really see anyone outside the club for the HOW. if they show up or not, i don't care either way. the way i see it, the more the marrier. we got more than enough space here. plus my parents are planning on taking out their RV for that weekend, so HELL YEAH.

#20 ·
well if you don't get it done before, we have plenty of space for it here

#19 ·
hey man i saw you driving your truck yesturday by king soopers

#22 ·
ok so i'm bored, is it the 12th yet.
i want to do some :saw: :welder: :xbeer2: :saw: :welder: :xbeer3:

i'm hoping that by the time this HOW comes, i might have some of my own custom skids donei want to come up with some kind of logo or something i can do for all the custom fabed stuff i build.

#24 ·
If your bored I have some stuff I could use some help with... :xbeer1: :welder: :saw: :xbeer1: :xbeer2:

#26 ·
hey everyone, since i was bored i decided to rip apart my stock locker and change the diff fluid. unfortunately when i drained the diff fluid, i found a few chunks of metal and the fluid had frozen chunks in it as well. i figure since it's not making any noise when i drive it. i'll wait til it breaks. the good news is, i fixed my locker. it got water inside and everything kind of rusted together. it was a real bitch to get apart but once i got it cleaned up and put back together, it works awsome, just like new. and i figured that since i was at it, it do the grey wire mod, and it also works great. the only thing i can do now is start getting everything together so i can make some skid plates and my tool box for it.

#27 ·
bump just to remind everyone of this, i want to see if we can fill my front parking lot with trucks.:D :p :cool:

#28 ·
HOW date?

Matt, so has it been decided yet? Is the HOW definitely on Sat. April 12th, at your place?

Thanks,
Jim

#29 ·
yes the date has been decided, all info is in the FIRST post. i know i got the space here, so we need to beat the HOW vehicle record number

#31 ·
Dammit! I may have to work on the 12th, first weekend I will have worked in three years. I won't know till it gets closer. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.