TTORA Forum banner

NVTTORA Burro Wash Picnic-Meet & Greet.

9K views 154 replies 19 participants last post by  dnstaco 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright boys and girls. You asked for it, you got it!!

The Official NVTTORA Picnic/Meet & Greet!!!

Burro Wash seems to be a great place for something like this. Not this weekend though, as it is Memorial Day weekend, most of you are already going somewhere, or don't want to screw around with the 50 billion people who will be out on our roads and trails.

This was precipitated by Mauricio's (MooseTaco) inability to distinguish the difference between a trail/rock climbing run, and a good old fashion Fiesta.

So, before it gets too extremely hot, we'll hit up Burro Wash on the Colorado River.

This is part trail ride (because you have to take the trail to get to the water) and the other part is a Party.

We'll need volunteers. Someone or maybe a couple of guys who can bring out some BBQ grills. On something like this, I think that the full size grills would work better than the small table top ones.

We'll need to come up with a menu, or an idea of what everyone wants to bring to the party, ie: food, drinks, beer, chips, side dishes, paper ware (dishes, paper towels, cups), plastic ware (forks, spoons, knives), tables, shade tents (I have one), trash bags (we WILL NOT LITER), chairs, etc......

Also, someone to bring out some ice chests, extra ice (it will be hot), WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!!

How does the first Sunday of June sound? That would be June 3 2007.

Meeting times and place to be determined.

This is something that we should be doing anyway, and it will give everybody a chance to get a little bit of wheeling in, but more important, get to know each other a little bit more.:xbeer1: :xbeer3: :boobies:

I know that when we're out on the trails, our primary source of communication is the CB. This will give people the chance to bullshit with each other, if people like to fish, you can do that too.:cool:

You can also swim, jet ski, cliff dive (at your own risk).
Maybe someone can bring like a volley ball net, or a badminton net. Water polo maybe???:)

Like I mentioned above, you can also bring your Jet skis/Seadoos. Probably need to put them in the back of you truck though, as I think that it's a little too rough of a road to bring a trailer.;)

So, there you have it, let the ideas flow, and lets have fun.
No fucking bullshit whatsoever will be allowed. This is to be a fun event.

I'd like to see All NVTTORA members attend. Also, Hectors group is welcome, as am I and my Toyota120 group!:D

Update Edit:
We can meet up at the Rebel Station in Boulder City. Sunday June 3rd '07 @ 9:34 am - 10:11 am.:driving:

There's plenty of room there for everyone, and to top off your gas tanks if need be.:D

See less See more
#2 ·
Christy and I are in!!! and probably my dad, mom and little sis! umm quick question can a Taco Pre-Runner (w/Rear Locker NOT a 4x4) make it through? and umm we got the Sodas! ALL THE SODAS!!! NO ONE ELSE BRING SODAS! ONLY MEEE!!! MEE I TELL YOU MEEEEEEEE!!! (Oh yeah I have to stop writting in caps Robert says I'm yelling!) so now I'll tell you guys quietly that I'll bring sodas! and now I'll just :stfu:

#3 ·
I am up for it. But I might be going to Sacromento or Reno to pick a 4Runner if everything goes well that weekend.

#7 ·
I am up for it. But I might be going to Sacramento or Reno to pick a 4Runner if everything goes well that weekend.

Did you finally find an automatic?:confused:

:xofftopic

#4 ·
I'm in...

Thanks for organizing this Robert!!!

This is part trail ride (because you have to take the trail to get to the water) and the other part is a Party.
I'm confused?!?! :confused: The 4x4 trail still does go all the way to the water right????

We'll need to come up with a menu, or an idea of what everyone wants to bring to the party, ie: food, drinks, beer, chips, side dishes, paper ware (dishes, paper towels, cups), plastic ware (forks, spoons, knives), tables, shade tents (I have one), trash bags (we WILL NOT LITER), chairs, etc......
Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!

#5 ·
Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!
I agree Jason. Good catch

#9 ·
Burro

"Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!"

That is the smartest thing anyone has said here in a long time.......Well stated J. :kewl:

Carl Knows what I'm talking about......

Robert, Sounds like it might be a good time. I'll have to check to see if I can attend..

#11 ·
"Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!"

That is the smartest thing anyone has said here in a long time.......Well stated J. :kewl:

Carl Knows what I'm talking about......

Robert, Sounds like it might be a good time. I'll have to check to see if I can attend..

Cool Jeff. Maybe we can get Mike and Andrea to come out too. I just saw them the other day at work, we talked for a while.

And yes, I agree with you on the beer, if everyone reads my last post, it was an idea for the picnic area only, and yes, in moderation. If someone wants to have a couple while we're there, shouldn't be a big deal.

Definitely NOT a kegger!!:p

#14 ·
I can't go I will be ripping up the beach in baja mexico. the one weekend I go to mexico a year you guys plan this. If for some reason we went on the 10th then I would definitley be there..... what?? did someone say the 10th? why thats perfect I will be there. you guys rock!

#16 ·
I'm in. We are working on the rest of the SCWFJs to get out there too. They seem to be afraid of you guys. I told them that if I can do it, they can too.

Right??

#18 ·
Why don't you do a poll or some shit, and find out Why they're afraid of us. I don't have a clue, other than we like to all get together and go out and wheel!!!

Damn, isn't that what we're supposed to do?:confused:

#19 ·
:xofftopic but I think the name NVTTORA and what they've seen "BAD ASS WHEELING kinda makes them say "HELL NO I'M NOT DOING THAT WITH MY FJ!" hahaha and well your rigs are a bit more agressive! I remember seeing DUNKs I was like "damn I hope that guy is not going wheeling with us!" and then he approached us and I was like "DAMN this is gonna be crazy!" but then you find out how cool this whole thing is! anyways cool bret told me the other day about this place and said he'd give me GPS cords... but now he'll be going too!!!

#22 ·
:xofftopic but I think the name NVTTORA and what they've seen "BAD ASS WHEELING kinda makes them say "HELL NO I'M NOT DOING THAT WITH MY FJ!" hahaha and well your rigs are a bit more aggressive! I remember seeing DUNKs I was like "damn I hope that guy is not going wheeling with us!" and then he approached us and I was like "DAMN this is gonna be crazy!" but then you find out how cool this whole thing is! anyways cool Brett told me the other day about this place and said he'd give me GPS cords... but now he'll be going too!!!

Well that doesn't make a damn bit of sense.:confused:

#23 ·
That's what we keep saying. None of that stuff makes sense. I was a bit intimidated at first, but once I met you all, you made me feel comfortable.

They'll come around.

Oh, and by the way, we did put a poll out there

#24 ·
Cool:cool:

#31 ·
This sounds like a lot of fun! I've never been down to Burro Wash but have wanted to check it out for a long time. Elizabeth and I are in.

I don't have a grill but I'd like to bring some meat to grill, some Corona & limes and chips.

Holy shit!! Where the hell have you been now?? I gave up calling your ass again, as you never fucking answer!!!:banghead: :flipoff1:

I was going to call you up for our Logandale run last Sunday, then I just said, why bother.:p

Oh well, hell yeah, you and Elizabeth better come out!! After all, you did miss the last trip down to the Burro wash last year. Something about a hangover or something!:rolleyes:

Unless your phone is broken, give me a call later.

Peace out biotch!!:xpimp: :xdevil:

#33 ·
...who is bringing what? think maybe it'd be a good idea that we start a list? maybe then people will bring what they say they're bringing? and so we all dont just bring water and soda? or are we all bringing our own shit? ROBERT THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU!!!:slap: HAHAHA!!! I like posting here there are sooo many smilies to choose from!

#37 · (Edited)
...who is bringing what? think maybe it'd be a good idea that we start a list? maybe then people will bring what they say they're bringing? and so we all don't just bring water and soda? or are we all bringing our own shit? ROBERT THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU!!!:slap: HAHAHA!!! I like posting here there are sooo many smileys to choose from!

Bite me!:bitchslap

Yes, we can start our list of what to bring.

First off, who can bring a couple big BBQ's out in the back of their truck?? I have one, we can bring it out, probably need to get a new tank before hand, but it needs to go in the back of a pick up though.
We can bring the small ones, but their capacity is smaller and takes a little longer to cook.

If we have at least two (2) then that will make cooking a little easier.:cool:

We also need paper products, IE: Chinette's (good strong paper plates) plastic ware (forks/knives/spoons), plastic cups, etc........ Costco is the best place to get these, if anyone doesn't have a card, but wants to go, let me know, and we can meet up there. I have to go anyway to get my chicken breast and veggies!!:D

#34 ·
Burro Wash

Hey Hey Hey!!! I do believe ya'll can count the wifey, Tammy and I in on this one... Oh ya, I have access to ice, lots of ice and filtered drinking water and will bring as much as needed or what the Taco will carry if this helps. If anyone has 5 or 10 gallon water cans and large ice chests to fill, cause I only have one of each, we can hook up an hour or so before meet time. just pm me for my cell #............

#35 ·
Burrro Wash P.S.

Oh ya, FYI, My computer is at work and I lucky I'm OFF till Monday P.M. so please be patient I will reply on Monday, Peace Out and have great weekend.:cool: :)

#36 ·
Great news Don, look forward to seeing you out there!!:cool:

Do you work at the ice factory or something??;)

#73 ·
No, but I have a large ice machine at work and a filtered drinking water source also have gatorade mix if any prefers that over plain water.

#38 · (Edited)
The Food and beverages and supplies List!!!!

Everybody copy and paste this list, and add what You're bringing to the party!!

1: Robert (My034runner) Boneless skinless Cajun Chicken Breast (BBQ'd) and maybe a vegetable to grill, paper towels, and trash bags. Plus my BBQ if needed. :rolleyes:

#43 ·
Congrats, but how cam we have an official NVTTORA picnic/meet&greet, without the chapter pres???:confused: :p

#42 ·
I got sodas, cups, and ICE :cool: We have a medium size grill too! but if my dad does not take his truck it will too need a ride! but I we got propane! WE CAN TAKE THAT!

1: Robert (My034runner) Boneless skinless Cajun Chicken Breast (BBQ'd) and maybe a vegetable to grill, paper towels, and trash bags. Plus my BBQ if needed.
Yesterday 11:39 AM

2. Hector (HMardueno) Sodas, Cups, Ice, Propane...if needed so let me know!

#44 ·
I got sodas, cups, and ICE :cool: We have a medium size grill too! but if my dad does not take his truck it will too need a ride! but I we got propane! WE CAN TAKE THAT!

1: Robert (My034runner) Boneless skinless Cajun Chicken Breast (BBQ'd) and a Variety of chips and Cheetos, paper towels, and trash bags. Plus my BBQ if needed.

2. Hector (HMardueno) Sodas (Diet coke too), small water bottles, Cups, Ice, Propane...if needed so let me know!

Excuse me, but you have a Tacoma too!!!:flipoff3:

How about bringing that also??:confused: :rolleyes:

#45 ·
Copy and paste, then add your contribution.......:cool:

1: Robert (My034runner) Boneless skinless Cajun Chicken Breast (BBQ'd) and a Variety of chips and Cheetos, paper towels, and trash bags. Plus my BBQ if needed.

2. Hector (HMardueno) Sodas (Diet coke too), small water bottles, Cups, Ice, Propane...if needed so let me know!

#47 ·
1: Robert (My034runner) Boneless skinless Cajun Chicken Breast (BBQ'd) and maybe a vegetable to grill, paper towels, and trash bags. Plus my BBQ if needed.

3. Stephanie (Toytonka) I have a ton of sodas from yesterdays BBQ. We can bring some plates, cups, chips, burgers and I guess that also means buns, ketchup and mustard. If you want something else for a burger, please bring it yourself. :)

#50 ·
hello my name is Sean (rampmut) i was told about this site club from (scwfjs)

Hey Sean, nice having you here. Does this mean you're coming out with us next Sunday?:confused: :cool:

#51 ·

3. Stephanie (Toytonka) I have a ton of sodas from yesterdays BBQ. We can bring some plates, cups, chips, burgers and I guess that also means buns, ketchup and mustard. If you want something else for a burger, please bring it yourself. I also have a larger George Foreman Grill that I can plug into the back of my truck for grilling. I'll bring that too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.