TTORA Forum banner

GSMTR June 7-13, 2010 Sparta, TN

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Red Dragon 
#1 ·
Copied this from I8Mud.
We have about five rigs going, any of yall plan to go?

GSMTR June 7-13, 2010 Sparta, TN
Mark your calendars folks! GSMTR is back with an all new venue, new trails, same great people, spectacular vendors and huge raffle.

Bring the whole family for an entire week of wheeling (4WD/MX/ATV), cruiser talk (tall tales), good food, competition, great vendors, swap meet, and more.

This fairly new +500 acre facility features 4WD, ATV & MX trails, a couple fishing ponds, ample tent camping and RV sites, children's playground, a huge pavilion with 4 smaller pavilions, 5 bunkhouse rooms that sleep 3-4, real bathroom facilities (no portajohns) and lots of open grassy lawn space for field activities.

OK wheelers...ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!! >>>>>Upstate Cruisers » GSMTR 2010 Registration

Dates: June 7-13, 2010

http://www.goldenmountainparkllc.com/ <<<<<NEW LINK<<<<<<

6338 Golden Mountain Rd, Sparta 38583, United States - Google Maps

geo-coords embedded in google maps link are: N 35.512666, W 85.398788

Hit me up with any questions or if you are interested in becoming a sponsor for this event.

See less See more
#3 ·
How big is the park and mainly what kind of wheelin', compared to Hot Springs?

Was it worth the drive and the admission fee?

Just curious, cause I am thinking it might be a cool destination for next year...

#4 ·
The park facilities are very nice and the mountain area is the perfect landscape for trails. From what I understand the park is still in the devlopment stage and the owners plan on doing the work needed to make the trail system easier for moderate vehicle. Hard to judge the trails because we only ran what was not covered in slick mud, but we wheeled for three days without being bored. I would compare it to the Janaury Gilmer trip but with better rocks and camp area. Its not a run I plan to make yearly, but with the right group its on top of the list for non Superlift events.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.