TTORA Forum banner

a little update

4K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  AZNPG 
#1 · (Edited)
i finally got my skid plate mounted, and re-painted my fenders.the paint i got from expresspaint.com matched alot better than the paint i used before.here is few pics.

#9 ·
That looks great. Much better color match than the pic in your sig. After seeing that, I may have to order some bsp from expresspaint and redo my own glass.

#14 ·
You want badass long Travel hear you go.

Or killer 4wd LT

Wow I have never seen a 4wd LT like that. With that diff I was expecting a straight axle. You see tons of IFS setups but rarely like that.

#16 ·
I knew it wasnt a Toyota but Ive never seen a 4wd ranger with beams. So thats a Giant setup? Or just their sticker? I look on Dezert Rangers sometimes for deals but never really check out their trucks.

#23 ·
traction beams (fords 4x version), i-beams, equal length suspension, what ever you want to call it... makes sloppy travel. they are however, CHEAP!!!

not to mention if the steering isn't done right, the bump steer will kill you most likely

i'll take the 12.5 w/ 4x4 on my tacoma any day over that crap.

if i had the dough i would have shelled out for some porche axles and went like 18"

#25 ·
Equal length with swingset steering actually is a pretty strong set-up. I have nothing against I-beams personally because it is a great way to get lots of travel #'s relatively easily. What I do not understand is how people run those set-ups and still are all over the place. My Tacoma is set-up pretty well and would probably out-run the average joe's I-beamed truck anyday just because of how much better a-arms and my valving/spring set-up works on my truck. I think people that have 20" on a class 7/1450 just don't know how to set-up suspensions properly. Brandon Walsh's Tacoma has HORRIBLE shock valving but HUGE travel numbers and is still slow. I don't know where I was going with this :D

#26 ·
I think people that have 20" on a class 7/1450 just don't know how to set-up suspensions properly. Brandon Walsh's Tacoma has HORRIBLE shock valving but HUGE travel numbers and is still slow. I don't know where I was going with this :D
That's because valving doesn't matter to the DGAF crew, if you tell a Bro Hoe you're packing 20 inches they're in love,and Brandon Walsh has dirty hooker travel on a Toyota haha !

#36 ·
hahaha from newly painted fenders(looks great!) to fords twin trac beam set ups, to Bio Dome pauly shore and stephan baldwin! hahaha
With TTORA there is no such thing as staying on topic. Expecially in this folder. Must be the type of crowd desert racing brings about.....:xsmokin1: :xcrazy: :xmoon: :xbeer1: :xbeer3: :xbeer2: :aahg:

#38 ·
i would rather run the engage kit and pull 16" of travel with 4wd.my buddy has a ranger and he is all about beams,but what is sad, is he has 16" of travel and i keep up with him with my measly 10" of donahoe travel.boom A-arms rule.

#39 ·
#41 ·
nope sorry wrong guy.

Thanks for the compliments fellas. It's all custom. I decided to scrap my old Velocity frontend because it had some minor issues. The new stuff with relocated pivot points is all designed to eliminate CV plunge, which has freed up more travel. The frontend is worked out to cycle 16-17 inches with 4wd. I'm planning on building the rearend to cycle around 22.

all one off done by himself, pimpin taco has always ran his own kit. A kit of that degree would run aroung 5500 and up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.