TTORA Forum banner

Jerry Cans

13K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  JimBCa 
#1 ·
Can you recommend some companies that make high quality, new jerry cans? Thanks.

#2 ·
When you use the words "jerry can", what's the style you're actually looking for? NATO? Spector? Blitz?

How about the new flat ones?

#4 ·
Scepter MFC's...

'cept CARB laws have banned new product purchase in the USA

tho' they can still be purchased on ebay and the likes
mostly 2nd hand... but sometimes unused...

tho' they usually net a costly purchase price :(

Don't get confused with the Scepter civilian CARB legal
fuel cans sold currently... all CARB compliant cans suck ballz.

here's what the Scepter MFC's (military fuel cans) look like...

#5 ·
I have been through a lot of different fuel cans and in my opinion the regular nato cans are the best! I have 8 new old stock cans, even with the old gaskets they don't leak, Upright on their sides or laying flat even in summer when they expand from the heat. They used to be cheap and available but now your federal and state overlords wouldn't want you to leak a few hydrocarbons into the atmosphere ! So go get yourself a couple shitty plastic cans with the carb approved nozzles that leak worse than anything a 3rd grader could put together, and say thank you.:mad:

#6 ·
They used to be cheap and available but now your federal and state overlords wouldn't want you to leak a few hydrocarbons into the atmosphere ! So go get yourself a couple shitty plastic cans with the carb approved nozzles that leak worse than anything a 3rd grader could put together, and say thank you.:mad:
Totally agree. The fucking CARB cans leak more gas trying to figure out how to use the spout then a normal old can. Obviously the jackasses engineering these spouts have never actually used them. Unfortunately, I live in California and it is hard to get normal cans. Places won't ship standard NATO cans to Cali and some other states.

But, if you can get these shipped to your state, or get creative ;), these are decent:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZBQ1412-1.html
I might have obtained a few (please don't tell Al Gore)

Gotta get the NATO Cans though, not the "NATO Style", which are crap.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.