TTORA Forum banner

1 piece driveshaft or two?

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Full_Tilt_Fud 
#1 ·
My truck currently has a long single piece rear driveshaft, it is bent all to shit. Do I just retube it or go get a stock two piece rear driveshaft?

#2 ·
Do you have a doubler? I like my two piece, except it is hell on carrier bearings. The cheapest and easiest would be to retube

#3 ·
No its got a single 4.7 case, in the future I want duals though.

If I go two piece I should be able to just go to the pull a part and get a complete unit and bolt it in.

Th single piece is a little long and low hanging now, but it will get bettet with duals.

#4 ·
Being an extra cab, it should have had a two piece from the factory. I can tell you though, the two piece ones are hard to come by. I've been looking for a spare section for about 6 months now.

#5 ·
There are two at my local u pull junkyard. Problem is they close for winter so I couldn't retrieve one till spring.

Does yours have a cv in it jed? I cant remember if they do or not. My current shaft does not and I think it would be better if it did.

#6 ·
I assume you are refering to the double cardon joint? No, the rear shaft doesn't have one, just the front shaft.

#7 ·
Local drive shaft will retube it cheap so thats what i'm gonna do. What should I use? Sch. 40 pipe maybe?

I actually would like to get another and keep my current one as a spare. It works, just wobbles a little :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.