TTORA Forum banner

What Toyotas will these wheels fit?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  01taco4x4 
#1 ·
I've searched, but I can't find an answer to this online. I gave my TRD wheels to my Mom for her 1994 Toyota Pickup DX 4WD. Now I want to sell the Pickup's old wheels on eBay, but I'd like to know what Toyota vehicles they will fit. I know they fit 1989-94 Pickups, 1989-95 4Runners, but what else? Will they fit all 4WD Toyotas back to 1979 and up to 2004 and the PreRunner Tacomas? Please let me know or post a link that has the info.

#2 ·
DorianJ said:
I've searched, but I can't find an answer to this online. I gave my TRD wheels to my Mom for her 1994 Toyota Pickup DX 4WD. Now I want to sell the Pickup's old wheels on eBay, but I'd like to know what Toyota vehicles they will fit. I know they fit 1989-94 Pickups, 1989-95 4Runners, but what else? Will they fit all 4WD Toyotas back to 1979 and up to 2004 and the PreRunner Tacomas? Please let me know or post a link that has the info.

they may not fit a tacoma. i bought a steer wheel for a spare but when i had to use it, it didnt clear the caliper, i realized it must have came from an older toy, but not sure what year it was from.

#3 ·
I actually just thought of that. They are 15" wheels, and I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Tacos and 3rd Gen 4Runners came with 16" wheels to clear the disc calipers. I guess that means they won't fit anything newer than a 1995 model. Anyone disagree?

#6 · (Edited)
they should! i took the wheels off of a 91 i had and ran them on my 01 for a while and vise versa. its the same lug pattern as long as its the 6 lug 4x4. and the ones on the 91 were 15's and the 01 were 16's, might depend on brand and thickness of wheel.

#8 ·
DorianJ said:
I actually just thought of that. They are 15" wheels, and I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Tacos and 3rd Gen 4Runners came with 16" wheels to clear the disc calipers. I guess that means they won't fit anything newer than a 1995 model. Anyone disagree?
Well, I can for a fact say that steel 15" rims from an 87 4runner can fit on a 2004 taco trd 4x4. It's not the fact of wheel size clearing the caliper, it's how the rim is made. I had to put a 1/4" spacer so that the old rims will clear the caliper. Thats the deal, some rims will press against the caliper. As to why, I dont rightly know. As to what other vehicles have this issue too, got me.

What you can say is that the rims are 6x5.5" bolt pattern (tradidtional toyota/chevy) and that depending on the year, you may need a 1/4" spacer to clear the caliper. And if you want, you could goto pepboys and get 2 spacers to include in the deal. I think they are like $5.

#10 ·
or sr5

jon_7248 said:
Not sure about the 2005 models, but 2004 trucks had 15" rims. I think if you got the TRD, or maybe even 4x4 package, the rims where upgraded.
My 01 is an sr5 and came with 16's and 265 75s. Yeah the maker of the rim along with its spacing and the chape of the rim on the inside. like i said mine were interchangable with no problems guess i was lucky and its a trial and erroe thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.