TTORA Forum banner

Central Meet and Greet

7K views 63 replies 12 participants last post by  yaker 
#1 ·
I'm copying Cory and his NWA thread. :D

Central AR guys - I'd like to have regular meetings. Nothing fancy, just a get together at a eating place or at someone's house (I'll volunteer mine).

So, when/where/what? Any ideas?

I'd like to eat at a locally owned place, with decent free parking, that won't be too hard to get 5-9 of us crammed in there.

Weekdays are probably better. Weekends tend to be too busy for some.

I'd like to go no further than Conway up I40, Cabot up 67/167, and Benton/Malvern down I30. I think that gives us a pretty large circle.

--------------------------------------------------
Time and date are set.

Thursday, November 18th. 6:30 PM.
US Pizza on Rodney Parham.

Topics for discussion:
Future meeting dates/frequency/location
Thanksgiving wheeling
???
--------------------------------------------------

See less See more
#2 ·
Dang't...

I'm no longer going to be a part of any ARTTORA regional meeting...

Oh, wait. Memphis Sub-Chapter....

You all can suck it :D

That being said, if you make it a Friday night or weekend, there's a good chance I could make it with advance notice :cool:

#3 ·
Sounds good.. lets plan all the regional meetings at the same time and whoever gets more to attend gets cookies :D nom nom nom

ok, seriously though... I do like the idea for a central meet up. I'm not opposed to meeting during the week but I am limited cus of classes (nights). I'm down for tuesday evenings though. Buffalo Wild Wings is good environment. Any pizza place like shotgun dans or us pizza. Im sure there are a lot more places.

#6 ·
I'm in if i sell these Boggers :) yea they are again for sale

I might even be able to sneak out by myself :p

#11 ·
To borrow a phrase from our CottonLand brethren: "Hot Damn!" Come on boys, I expect it to be more than just me, Aaron and Josh.

#15 ·
I had a thought.

What about windshield wiper flyers to promote the club? I know we run the risk of attracting a lot of mall-crawlers, but everybody has to start somewhere. I've got a few in my glovebox for ArkansasCrawlers, so I could post up a pic for ideas if anyone would like.

Just a thought for some growth :)

EDIT: I'd gladly make a test run, but I don't have a clue about graphics :(

#20 ·
I had a thought.

What about windshield wiper flyers to promote the club? I know we run the risk of attracting a lot of mall-crawlers, but everybody has to start somewhere. I've got a few in my glovebox for ArkansasCrawlers, so I could post up a pic for ideas if anyone would like.

Just a thought for some growth :)

EDIT: I'd gladly make a test run, but I don't have a clue about graphics :(
yea, me neither and besides the year we had Josh's truck on the flyer( 2007 i think) :dunno: Ive not been successful at getting anyone to design one.

#16 ·
Windshield flyers are good.

Actually the best club exposure it to drive your rig around town as much as possible. Ask Lance how well this works. ;) I swear everytime we meet for lunch, somebody is checking his truck out or stopping us to ask about it, and where we go "muddin". :rolleyes:

I understand not everyone's is street legal or DD friendly though.

#18 ·
Reminder to everyone. The meeting is one week from tomorrow. I intend to bring up discussion on our calendar for next year. We need to discuss January wheeling, Bachelor Party wheeling, GSMTR, and maybe the status of the Ramble. Plus any other events we may be interested in. I propose that this meeting be a "passing of the torch" to the new president since we won't have another meeting until sometime in 2011.

#19 ·
Reminder to everyone. The meeting is one week from tomorrow. I intend to bring up discussion on our calendar for next year. We need to discuss January wheeling, Bachelor Party wheeling, GSMTR, and maybe the status of the Ramble. Plus any other events we may be interested in. I propose that this meeting be a "passing of the torch" to the new president since we won't have another meeting until sometime in 2011.
I agree.

#25 ·
Ok folks! I am skipping the Reckless Kelly concert to go to this meeting, so people better show.

#33 ·
I am now planning on going to the Reckless Kelly concert, so we better be done by 8:30 :D If anybody else wants to go, I think there are tix left...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.