TTORA Forum banner

6/16 and 6/17 Wheeler Lake

4K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  KittenTacoma 
#1 ·
The Junkies and I are going to run Wheeler the 16th and camping over to the 17th. May try to run something else also. If anyone wants to go you are more than welcome.

#2 ·
Depending on your start time I may join, actually was trying to get a group together for it. I Would like to run it a little earlier in the day, then hit the Frisco BBQ festival for some food afterward. Not sure if that would get you up there too early if you're staying the night though.

#3 ·
We had thought about heading up there the night before and hitting the trail around 9 or so. We usually try to camp a few days since we don't get out that often.

#6 ·
Yeah I'm in our apartment right now about to go to bed(almost 1 am) I was posting pics on Facebook and saw zachs post. Been on here on and off all night cause Italian tv sucks when you don't speak Italian. We went out for icecream tonight and my gf lost her wallet or it was stolen by the pick pockets so we did the police report thing and came home to call banks and card holders. She lost about 400euro in cash but the good news is there were no new Charges yet when she shut the cards down. I bet we spent $100 in phone calls tho moving funds changing her accounts and stuff.

We have both been a little home sick. Europe is different then anywhere we have ever been. We walked all over Rome today and were doing some tours tomorrow. Maybe that will help. We leave Sunday and will be back Sunday in Colorado... Crazy time travel lol

Anyways I'm missing my truck right now cause I'm mid project. It will be good tho.

I will be on a few nights I'm sure. Wifi is awesome :)

#11 ·
...good to hear that it's clear already in June.
Not really. It's going to be a bad fire season with the lack of water.

#13 ·
So we are going to head up there Friday night after we all get off work. Meeting place is at the Loaf n Jug in Bailey if you want to caravan up there with us. There has been talk about running the trail and camping at the lake Saturday night and also running a day run, come out and hit some bars in Breck then night run back up to the lake. Not sure what is a concrete plan yet but I kinda like the night run one.

#15 ·
Well for sure 9 AM at the trail head on Saturday. Campin at the lake or going into Breck that night is up in the air still. I can't get anyone to commit. So I think we will just play it by ear and see what everyone thinks after we get out there

#24 ·
Agh I can't wait to have 4wd and all my shit welded on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.