TTORA Forum banner

Long Travel Truck Gallery

512K views 1K replies 268 participants last post by  ryeinnn 
#1 ·
So this thread was attempted once and it somehow turned into a Sean Connery Jeapordy thread and now there's too much crap to clean it up, but it's bound to come up again, so let's try this again. I realize there's the prerunner pics thread, but let's make this one all LT trucks (RJ and Paul and Mike I know you all drive faster than the LT guys, but how bout letting us have our 5 minutes of fame...actually screw it, you three can put up pics, no one else
) . I know there's alot of new guys (including all you DR refugees....:rolleyes
so let's see everyone's trucks.

My heap:

Baja 1000 '05 Prerun:

Pop's Tundy (kicks my truck's ass unfortunately):

See less See more
#1,233 ·
Been toying with mine..

All work done by JDemello & crew @ Demello Offroad. Would have loved to do some of it myself, but it was all done while i was in Afghanistan. Rear is in the planning stages.. to be figured out when the Army is done moving me around;) basically it's going to be a do-all-fast-motorhome when it's done:p

14" of travel strapped at 13.5" - full inner fender nip/tuck

thread - http://www.socalfjcruiserforums.com/forums/members-rigs/9976-dominicgs-domb-proof-07-vdb.html

#1,242 ·
Tossed a few pics up awhile back for comparison in the FJC section comparing to the krawltex rear build. Close to wrapping up now and should be going to paint/wrap in the next week or so.

Started with a TC 2" kit that only pulled 10.25" of travel (advertised 11.5")...sold it and went with camburgs 3.5" setup.

Camburg setup pulled 13.25" of travel before the axle binding on the tripod at droop and rollers pulling out at bump. Went with RCVs to cycle a clean 14" and cut out the wheel wells.

930 inners

No more coming out at bump

Rear 3 link setup cycles 15" now, but will be revised down the line for more uptravel.

Atlas 2 & NWF crawlbox

Know your getting close when the interior is going back together ;).

#1,251 ·
Hey man that kind of question is only for customtacos.com lol. I made it a couple years ago (before the satoshi became popular) Just cut the center out and fitted the mesh. The only mesh i could find was too thin and I want to re-do it. Funny thing is I just bought a stock grill today to slap on. I am always changing my mind on my truck. Today I removed all the stickers and badges and started building my new tire carrier. This will be my 4th tire carrier I've fabbed haha. FML

I went the whole route of finding ex cab bedsides but just decided to hold out and get the ones made for double cabs. But I never have had good luck working with glass. I will be removing my bedsides in a couple months. I need to go wider. Afer I put the tundra rear end in the tires stick out too far and at full bump wil crush my glass. Just food for thought. Hey Da Kid hold out a little longer and I will sell you mine (since you are pretty close to me).

#1,271 ·
i keep forgetting to take pics when we are out in the desert, but a couple recent shots...

i went with Hanneman bedsides as they are local to me and they stock glass... no waiting 2 weeks to 2 months like the other guys and having to pay shipping...

finally got my King triples in rear and valved...

and hard at work at this past weekend's M.O.R.E. California 500...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.