TTORA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Final info on the ride this weekend..

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  SEREvince 
#1 ·
Just got off the phone with Colby.Here is the info I got from him..

Place: Ruby Tuesdays Back Parking Lot @ Outlet Mall in Dawsonville, GA
Time: 2pm(he was unable to get off earlier)
Price: 20 per vehicle
Colby's Rig: Look for a large back YJ with a stinger front bumper

He will lead you around the loop then give you the map so that small groups can go off on there own. He has the key to the gate so y'all can leave when you get ready.

Alan and Rick please email me as I have further info for you both.

#2 ·
ATLRoach said:

He will lead you around the loop then give you the map so that small groups can go off on there own. He has the key to the gate so y'all can leave when you get ready.

this is in saturday correct?
-daniel

#3 ·
sorry, I've never been to the Outlet Mall in Dawsonville. I know it is up 400 but I'll be coming down I-75, so where would I cut across? :confused:

#6 ·
mapquest say it'll take me about 2 hours to get there.

It also has me following 53 thru Dawsonville, Daughtery, and Lumpkin then down 19 (400). Is that correct?

#8 ·
ratherBwheel'n said:
mapquest say it'll take me about 2 hours to get there.

It also has me following 53 thru Dawsonville, Daughtery, and Lumpkin then down 19 (400). Is that correct?
Allow extra time. There is no good way to cut across, it's all mountains. 53 is as good as any though ...

#10 ·
ATLRoach said:

$20 and we don't get to ride but for 3 to 4 hours, tops. Unless we want to night wheel and if that is okay by the property owner, I would expect that for the above price.

I don't see how they can cut our daylight riding so much and only give us $5 off, that's not a good deal. This guy is going to make more per hour than I did at my first job! I think we should get a better deal than that, that's all I'm saying. I've never paid more than $5 to wheel anywhere and there, you can get there when you want and have as much daylight as you want/need.

This just doesn't sound like we're getting treated very fairly here, just my opinion. Let me know what everyone else thinks.

#12 ·
I can't say that I disagree. I am not trying to be ungreatful or anything, but for as long as we have been planning this, it seems to me that we would get more than a 3 hour window of daylight, by the time we meet at 2:00, pull out by 2:30 at the earliest and get on the trail. $20 seems a bit much to me! I would still like to ride, but I am very torn at this point as to what I will do. It probably will come down to what everyone else decides on this deal. And, no, I'm not trying to cry about it, just being realistic.

#13 ·
ATLRoach said:
I agree on the price, I'll talk to him.. The understanding I got was he has a key and you guys can wheel as late as you would like.
Kyle, is there a way to get a key from him prior to 2:00? I know you are basically the source of communication for this deal and doing what you can to make this as accomodating for us as you can. I don't know if this is even doable, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'd almost be willing to meet Colby in the morning or something if it would make it easier for everybody.

#14 ·
Alan11116 said:
Kyle, is there a way to get a key from him prior to 2:00? I know you are basically the source of communication for this deal and doing what you can to make this as accomodating for us as you can. I don't know if this is even doable, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'd almost be willing to meet Colby in the morning or something if it would make it easier for everybody.
Thats what I was thinkin. If Alan and I get the keys in morning and get the show on the road, then I can just collect money for whoever shows and he can come back out later on to pick it up or I can meet him some where.

BTW email me with the waiver doc. I have most of the guys who are going but still need a few.

Thanks,
Rick

#15 ·
Alright guys I spoke with Colby just a minute ago to figure all this out, and to order my gears for the front!!! WOOHOO!

Anyways there is a poll posted about this so PLEASE respond soon. Colby said that since it's kinnda hinky he can let us ride Sat for $15 from 2:00 till whenever, or we can camp there on Sat night, wheel some if desired, and wheel all day Sun for $25. If we don't camp then we can link up with him and start Sun at 9:00. My vote is for Sun for more wheelin and the trip be worth while for the outta-towners. ;)
Post up bi*%hes!!

#21 · (Edited)
ATLRoach said:
Cool that you got it worked out, I was about to call him about this.
So are you gonna make it now are you still gonna be tied up with the runner/buggy/beast/well you get the drift....

PS TO ALL: be sure to post your poll so I can get a head count for Colby.

#22 ·
Also if anyone has ?s and needs to contact me here is my number if you don't have it already...

770-294-3469

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.