TTORA Forum banner

Leer shell parts cheap?

77K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  wing103 
#1 ·
I did what every camper owner does in their lifetime and that was shatter my rear glass. Bought the camper for $400 and my local (Oklahoma) Leer dealers want $300 for the glass. WTF? Anyone out there know of any sites with aftermarket shell parts? I've done some searching with no luck. Thanks, A31GUN

#2 ·
I have a Leer 100 LE, I think, bought in 99. It has the curved "no frame" glass. The glass was scratched at delivery and the dealer replaced it. I asked him what it was worth and he said $50. Of course that was a while ago, but could your $300 quote be for the window "assembly", with locks, hinges, gaskets and installation? Just a thought.

#8 ·
I'm in the same boat.
Just bought a LEER 100LE from a local guy for $350, he shattered the back glass but gave me all the parts, told me he replaced it once before and a local accessory outlet (LEER dealer) sold him just the glass for $170.

I just called them and they quoted me $330! Guy said Leer refuses to sell just the glass, $330 was for the glass, lock, latch assembly. Apparently actuators do not come with it either, $12 bucks each. The actuators and glass are all I need! How frustrating.

So. I am also looking for a cheap parts source. Anyone else have any ideas?
Would it be worth calling LEER?

The link jvergos gave isn't working...

#10 ·
Talked to a local shop, they said that Leer upgraded their lock systems and they probably want everyone to upgrade... that's all I got.

#11 ·
first off, leer has terrible customer service. they will not deal with you one on one. even if you have the reps number and try to deal with him about factory defect in the hinge mounts (mounted 1/2" too low) because your dealer went out of business since they suck so bad. second, i shattered my glass in february. it was 411.18$ installed. but insurance paid for it...did you try that route yet? i just had full glass coverage on the truck, and when i called the insurance company they said they covered my cap too...if in fact it was glass, not plexiglass.

edit: they change their locks, trim, latches and hinges every year...i have still not seen a 100xl exactly like mine. and i have had 3 rear doors so far (they tried to fix the fitment problem by me sending the shell back and they just installed a new door....turns out the holes for mounting the door to the fiberglass were 1/2" too low. which i fixed myself since leer was too incompetent and careless about my problem).

#12 ·
Bought the glass

Went to an aftermarket truck store and ordered "just the glass" for 324.00. I ended up getting latches, lock, hinges, everything, but the keys to my new lock and the lifts. So now I'm at an issue with Leer trying to get my keys.

Leer did inform me that I would need new glass strikers where the latch catches, Leer--- 25.00 a piece, truck store--- 12.00 for both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.