TTORA Forum banner

tacoma to tundra brake swap question

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  AI03Taco 
#1 ·
if i swap the brake setups. from my 02 tacoma to a tundra setup wil my 15" wheels still fit over the tundra calipers.. how much bigger are the tundra calipers then the tacoma vs the tundra

#6 ·
Straight no. Some 16" wheels that are not high dish style wheels don't fit.

#7 ·
Hey there, i have a huge question about modifying the banjo bolt for the conversion, i have everything else down pretty pat but i just cant understand how to drill it out. any help would be much appreciated. thank you

#8 ·
If you pull out the banjo and look at it, its pretty straight forward. There are holes on the side of the bolt that sit in the banjo its self, and a hole at the tip of the bolt that goes into the caliper. The hole at the tip of the bolt is the one you want to drill out. I used a 1/4" drill bit if I remeber correctly. You drill the hole out just past the tapered part of the bit. that should be plenty. This allows the banjo to seat properly on the nipple inside the caliper... Also make sure when getting the brake lines back on that the copper washers seated as well, if you get the banjo bolt tight and the washers are squished youll need to drill just a hair more out of the tip of the banjo bolt.

I also used new copper washers. It helps insure a good seal.

#9 ·
do you drill out any of the two holes on the side or just the one on the tip of the bolt?

#10 ·
Just the one on the tip of the banjo bolt. Dont touch the holes on the sides. The only thing you are trying to accomplish by drilling out the tip of the bolt is to allow it to seat properly in the caliper. Without driling out the tip of it, the bolt wont even go all the way in... If you look inside the Tundra caliper you'll see the nipple in there, and it will be pretty obvious what drilling out the tip of the banjo is supposed to accomplish.

#11 ·
awesome for the help, the truck is on stands right now and i'm going to go drill it out, thank you very much for all the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.