TTORA Forum banner

H.O.W - Saturday 10/20

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RedRunnertc 
#1 ·
Looks like the weather is gonna be halfway decent Saturday, so the House of Wrenching will be open. I have a bunch of stuff to do to my truck, but once the rear third is out, the garage will be occupied, so if anyone needs to do anything, or wants to help, post up and we'll get your stuff done first!

My list:
- rear diff
- tranny leak
- balljoint
- ARB compressor
- Power steering cooler
- rotate tires

Molly's list:
- tranny crossmember
- heater blower
- passenger door wiring

#3 ·
Well I would love some help on my rear axle that I'm putting in this weekend... I have to work most of the day Saturday, so I'm thinking Sunday morning at 9ish. But it would be nice to do it at my house, since loading the axle in and out of the truck is a bitch. If anybody is interested, in giving me a hand, let me know.

#4 ·
Possibly...I'm doing dog stuff and kicking the garage in to shape this weekend so I can do the ebrakes etc...but I'm sure I could take a couple hours or something and hang out/help/lift/wrench.

'Mont might be a bit far Saturday since we're gonna try to make shooting Sunday, tho I'd like to come up :p. Quick Draw, hit me with a PM w/your digits, I should have time to help lug an axle around. I can bring the axle cradle too (or maybe just make another one).

***Duh...I am getting my days mixed up...if we don't go shooting Sunday I can lend a hand...

-Sean

#6 ·
It sounds like 4WP in Denver has all the stuff in stock to swap over the counter, so might be able to get it all out on Saturday, and get the new parts, then assemble it back Sunday or Monday after work ... need to get Isaac to help me setup the gears.

#7 ·
Because Isaac is da bomb. Oh and FWIW.... I feed those who come to the HOW... Mmmmm Smoked beef brisket....

#11 ·
Well if I can't manage to get my front diff pulled (it looks like it's going to be a bitch), then I will come see you guys.

BTW, I have the new axle hanging...but I'm working out some wiring and brake line/cable issues.... I should be able to wrap it up after school tomorrow.

FINALLY, I will get to put that damn switch that's been in my dash for weeks now to use... For future reference, changing a wiring diagram that's known to work to make it better only leads to problems..

#12 ·
wiring is one thing you dont fuck with lol, do it how it says to do it, no matter if you think theres a better way or not.

i hate electrical related stuff in cars, with a passion. Unless its audio :cool: audio is easy. Everything else... efff.... forget it.

BTW troy, hows the truck comming?

Sorry i didnt make it yesterday, i had planned on it, and it didnt seem like you guys were doing anything today?

#13 ·
We got the thirdmember out no problem and the gears warranteed at 4WP. I still need to order the solid spacer and pinion bearing so we cna put it back together.

Lots of little stuff to work on in the mean time - skidplate, ARB compressor ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.