TTORA Forum banner

Rubicon 2012 planning

15K views 70 replies 14 participants last post by  sparky 
#1 ·
TTORA SoCal/NorCal
in
RUBICON

So as many of you may have noticed on the 2012 Schedule of Events, we have a proposed Rubicon run in the beginning of September. September 4th-8th/9th to be exact. This is just a feeler/information thread so please do not start an official sign up list just yet. Some of the basic minimum requirements for this run include:

-High clearance front and rear bumpers with recovery points
-Sliders
-Skids
-33" tires+Full size spare
-One locker
-Spill kit
-Wag Bag
-Minimum one strap and a shackle
-Spare parts
-Fluids
-CB
-Fire Extinguisher
-Tire Plugs
-Lift

In addition to meeting the minimum vehicle requirements you must have experience wheeling and have basic knowledge of repairing your rig. More importantly, a good attitude! We have not set in stone a maximum allowed vehicle limit as of yet, however this will be contingent on the amount of interest that is shown as well as well as the staff members available. I apologize if this seems harsh, but this is a long ways from home and we don't want this to turn into a recovery mission which can/will ruin the run for everyone. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post up.

Last year we ran the Con with 5 rigs and kept a pretty decent pace throughout the whole trip, with minimal issues. I am not opposed to opening the run up to a larger group, given everyone is on the same page. This year I intend on slowing things down a bit and enjoying our time around the lakes/camp fire a bit more. (4/5 nights vice 3) :camping::xbeer1:

More pictures to get your blood pumping!

See less See more
#58 ·
The snow is melting off much faster and earlier this year than last. On one hand we won't have to worry about water levels, on the other it will be dusty...Any of you NorCal guys know if they will restrict camp fires due to the lack of precipitation this year?

More info on the trail conditions HERE

Side note. "The large historical Juniper on the high side of Little Sluice fell ".

More on that HERE

#59 ·
Side note. "The large historical Juniper on the high side of Little Sluice fell ".

More on that HERE
Sad to see her go. I've spent many hours underneath that tree enjoying cold beverages and watching some unbelievable wheelin through the box..:(

#62 ·
This trip can't come any sooner! Sorry there haven't been many updates lately. Been keeping busy to say the least. As much as I am enjoying my summer internship and the break from school, I am more than anxious to be on the trail. Been working hard on the weekends getting a few projects done, as well as some general maintenance in preparation. Needless to say, everything is still on track for this run.

I will be updating the first post with a list of proposed attendees shortly. If you wish to join in on this run feel free to shoot me a PM, keep in mind the minimum requirements are posted in the first post. Stay tuned!

#65 ·
Any more details? When are we planning to hit the trail and drive in? I'm assuming you SoCal guys will be driving up and camping at the trailhead Tuesday night, and we head in Wed Morning? Or maybe starting later on in the week so the trip isn't so long?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.