TTORA Forum banner

what was I thinking

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  1asyotr 
#1 ·
Hey all. It's official, I've lost my mind:eek: . I recently bought a generally stock 1st Gen 4runner to go hit the trails with and seem to have been drawn into the world of 4x4 modification. I've got a 3rd gen I was gonna work on but just couldn't bring myself to do any really hard core wheeling with it--plus I like that I can take the top off my 1st gen and make the jeep guys jealous:p . For what it's worth I'm a desk jockey by trade and have a family that takes up alot of my time so any mods much beyond a 2 and 1/2 bannana scale are probably gonna get farmed out. Mods I've got in mind include a slight body and suspension lift to mount some 33"s. Rock sliders, bumpers, tire carrier, rear shoulder belts, elocker. By the way SYOTR stands for see you on the river--I'm an avid whitewater kayaker, but maybe I'll have to change it to syott after I've got this build out done.

#3 ·
Welcome. You've come to the right place. Lot's of folks here that can help fill in those banana scales. Make sure you check out the HOW's (House of Wrenching). You'll come to find out most mod's are simple once somebody explains how easy they really are.

#6 ·
welcome. and yes the HOWs are definately the place to get some help and just to hang out and meet everyone.

#7 ·
Thanks for the note about 4crawler.com unfortunately I can't access yotatech from work. Good to know I can mount 33's without the lift since I need new tires and the only thing really holding me back so far is that I don't want to have to buy tires twice. I'm pretty sure it'll be an absolute dog with the stock gears and the 4banger trying to turn those meats....guess some 4:88s are in the near future.

#8 ·
Wow. you can't access YT from work? Wow. Cottora is Rated R. YT is PG! LOL Crazy.... ;)

Oh and welcome BTW!

#15 ·
Welcome, I so want to get a 1st gen. Well how to see you at the HOW's and on the trails...

#17 ·
I appreciate the offer on the sr5 but I think I'm committed to my runner. I just bought/ordered a 1.5" body lift from 4crawler for it so as soon as it shows up I'll be looking for the next available HOW. I'll take pics before I really start the project in ernest. So far the only thing I've done is luck out and find a guy in boulder that was willing to make a soft top for it. (It's gotta be the best part of the truck so far).

As far as no access to yotatech what can I say, my boss must be paranoid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.