TTORA Forum banner

'04 Taco Pre-Runner - Rear Suspension Build

23K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Ritchie 
#1 ·
Thought we'd post up our fairly recent build of a customer's '04 Taco here on TTORA. The customer already had a long travel suspension kit mounted up front and wanted to match it up with a long travel system for the rear. Here are some pics of the fabrication of a custom bed cage, spring under deaver kit and rear RuffStuff Specialties axle. We wanted the customer to have a lot of bed space when complete without sacrificing performance.

Right now we are doing the same thing to a 2009 Taco Double Cab as well. These projects allowed us to generate some inner frame plates to box the back frame rails in for extra cab tacos 95.5 to '04 and DC tacos '05 to present. We will post those in the vendor's forum soon with pricing.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
More pics...

There is a pretty nice video of this thing jumping through some whoops on our facebook page in some older posts...check it out!

Here are a few more...

One thing that made this build a little difficult was design. The owner wanted the bedcage removeable and to eventually have a interior cab cage tied into the bed cage while still making it removeable. Layout was a little tricky but it's surprisingly easy to remove and install. Total travel with traps and bumps ended up around 17".

-IMW

#23 ·

There is a pretty nice video of this thing jumping through some whoops on our facebook page in some older posts...check it out!

Here are a few more...

One thing that made this build a little difficult was design. The owner wanted the bedcage removeable and to eventually have a interior cab cage tied into the bed cage while still making it removeable. Layout was a little tricky but it's surprisingly easy to remove and install. Total travel with traps and bumps ended up around 17".

-IMW
I really like this build. Considering doing something like this to my 2005 DCSB pre runner. How does this cage handle in comparison to others? I primarily wanna try and have a cage while having bed space for a couple motorcycles.

#14 ·
Just started another long travel rear-end build. ‎2011 Tacoma on the chopping block this time! 9in ARB center, Camburg housing, 3" fox 3tube bypasses, and low pro bed cage using a tower style shock mount with built in bump stops!! Here are some initial pics...

More to come soon...

#25 ·
Infamous,
In your 1st post, what disc brake set up is this and do you have a write up on it? I want to do a disc swap but need to know specifics on all parts involved.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.