TTORA Forum banner

Wrench-Tech Suggestions

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SAR_Squid79 
#1 ·
Hey, everybody!

We're in the middle of putting together Wrench-Tech II and would like to hear your suggestions! If there's something you'd like to see demonstrated, post up and let us know.

Just a heads up, Wrench-Tech II is scheduled for March 17th!

#8 ·
This is a good idea. I've never heard of this even being needed until you mentioned it. Also, flushing the clutch(?). Not sure if I'm using the right words.

I was considering doing a whole CB radio tech thing at the event.
Another great idea. There are probably a lot of people out there that don't know a lot about their cb. Like how it's very important to tune your antennea before you start using it.

I'd like to request a hands on approach for a group of guys who need to get stuff worked on. For example, if a few guys want to flush their transmission fluid, it would be nice to have someone keep an eye on them to make sure it gets done right. Maybe you can have 5 guys sign up with an experienced staff member to assist them. It's not an extensive job and I don't think it would last more than 30 minutes. The same can go with a differential flush or break bleeding. I know these are easy jobs but they are often overlooked but is crucial for maintaining the truck. Another suggestion would be to change lower ball joints. With the proper tools it's not a difficult job.
What you're suggesting sounds more like a wrench-a-thon. But your second idea sounds good. I just did mine a couple weeks ago and had them done in just over 2 hours. Seeing how we would only be demonstrating 1 side, I'd say it's very doable.

I was also considering doing a u-joint and center support bushing clinic since those are up on my truck. Need a new rack too. Wonder how much work I can demonstrate on my truck in one weekend? lol
Another great idea. The u-joint, not the rack. lol It took Dell, me and Cabo John more than half a day to do my rack. I don't know if that's the standard or if we were just running a little long.

#5 ·
CB tech would be great because I'm ready to trash my CB.

I'd like to request a hands on approach for a group of guys who need to get stuff worked on. For example, if a few guys want to flush their transmission fluid, it would be nice to have someone keep an eye on them to make sure it gets done right. Maybe you can have 5 guys sign up with an experienced staff member to assist them. It's not an extensive job and I don't think it would last more than 30 minutes. The same can go with a differential flush or break bleeding. I know these are easy jobs but they are often overlooked but is crucial for maintaining the truck. Another suggestion would be to change lower ball joints. With the proper tools it's not a difficult job to demo.

BTW, I might not make it to wrench-tech so feel free to ignore my suggestions.

That is all.

#9 ·
Yeah, a rack swap is a 3hr project for me. I'm good with showing u-joint service since most anybody can do it with basic tools. It just sounds harder or more difficult than it really is. To do both u-joints and the center support bushing is about 1.5 hr demo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.