TTORA Forum banner

suspension

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  goofballtech 
#1 ·
If i have a 6" diff drop already installed on my truck, what are my options on lifting it. i was thinking about getting some ome 883's and some type of ajustable shock. since the coils give me 3" of lift, can i use the shocks to provide another 1-2"? or is my only option for additional lift going to be a spacer?

How will all this affect my stock upper control arms, are there any extended spindles out there besides the ones from the fabtech 6" drop bracket kit since those are 600 bucks each?

I'll be doing a good amount of wheeling so i want the spindles/ucas to be pretty strong...

#7 ·
true... i'm not gonna do a body lift i guess ill just have to get some new leaf springs to bring the back end down a little, heres what it looks like right now with a trail-disaster kit on

Why would you wanna bring the back end down? it looks like it sits pretty level to me.

#9 ·
yeah im goin for a slight cali lift, but at the same time once i take this trailmaster deal off i dont think the fronts going to be as high since its supposed to be lifted 6 inches right now and im gonna go down to 3.5 or 3. yeah its a drop bracket i guess, whats the difference exactly? should i just take the drop bracket off and get a diff drop? or would that leave me with the same clearance issues... as of right now i dont have much clearance in the front? i know ill have to do some welding and what not but i think i'll be able to figure it out

#11 ·
changed my name... but yeah basically i just wanna have a rig that can keep up with my brothers sas'ed 84 4runner, were gonna be doin fordyce and some other trails in the area this summer and the trailmaster lift just isnt cuttin it. it sounds like theres an elaphant under my truck everytime i turn because those damn struts blow out every time i go wheeling. i am on somewhat of a budget too

#12 ·
I don't have nor have I installed a drop bracket lift but from what I have heard when the DB lift is installed they had to cut out the stock IFS frame. You may not be able to "take the DB lift off". Sure you could find that frame member at a junkyard and weld it back in.

Remember an IFS truck is going to wheel different than a SA truck. You will be floating wheels where the SA should be flexing and keeping wheels on the ground. This doesn't mean that you won't be able to go where the SA goes, it'll just do it different.

#14 ·
i thought you were on a tight buget. sas is not something you want to do if your tight on money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.