TTORA Forum banner

Back up lights?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TacoJumper 
#1 ·
What kind of back-up lights would you suggest?
Anybody have some aux back-up lights that work amazingly well?

these would be mounted on my rear bumper
-Laurence

#5 ·
TacoJumper said:
What kind of back-up lights would you suggest?
Anybody have some aux back-up lights that work amazingly well?

these would be mounted on my rear bumper
-Laurence
went big with some hellas I hate people that flash there brights lol!!!! :cool:

#6 ·
Laurence,

The ones that I have always liked are Warn W520's. They are SS, with 2-axis mounting brackets [so they stay put where you aim them], and single wire hookup through the stem [assuming a good ground]. I used to run two in front above the winch as an alternate/supplement to headlights, and one as a back-up light on the left side of the rollbar of the grey truck. They are sitting in a box in the garage waiting to be put on the Heep one of these days.

From an optical perspective, a flood lens / reflector is better than a spot or driving, as you won't be going fast in reverse. Also, the smaller lens [5" vs. 6"] for a given wattage lamp means less distance, and hence greater intensity over a relatively short distance.

For a back-up light application, mount a single light on the driver's side; that way, when you look over your right shoulder, you get the light, but no glare in your face like if you had put one on the passenger's side [or a pair]. Aim it to the center, use the optional 100W bulb, and put a dedicated fused & switched circuit using 14-12 gauge wire.

That's my .03. ;)

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, I'll get something set up eventually.

-Laurence

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.