TTORA Forum banner

How has flooding effected you

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  YotaFun 
#1 ·
As a result of the flooding around 9/11 Im demoing our family room and installing a perimeter drain and 2nd sump pump. Also drywall and spray foam insulation and what the hell ill also rewire for 20amps with 12ga while I'm at it

On a side note I'm not getting to work on the 4runner for a long time. So I'm riding bitch this fall

Anyone else have work from this?

#6 ·
I got lucky and had nothing. We have some water in our basement but I think it's more due to the fact that the cement floor is freezing cold (due to an underground stream running under my house) and the basement is hot. More condensation build up then actual water leaking in.

I'm surprised we didn't have more than what we did considering a stream literally runs right under my house. I guess the perimeter drain and sump pump my dad put in a while ago paid off.

#7 ·
I should say that the family room would of survived. But this
Happens about 3 times a year and I'm sick of the bs so I'm fixing it.

I did however have water coming out of a live electric outlet. That was a first for us.

#8 ·
Had a little water come in the shop, but have had more from some of the summer storms we had. Other than that, no impacts, although driving to work and what not was a pain in the ass as they closed a few of the bridges crossing the Susquehanna River, which I work on the other side of.

#9 ·
i personally didn't have any problems with water but man is this area a mess up here.. as of today bloomsburg schools are still closed, hundreds of houses are destroyed lots of roads are still closed because the road was washed away.. hell they even canceled the bloomsburg fair..

#10 ·
Some very low areas received some damage. I live on the side of a mtn so no problems other than my stone drive is needing to be moved back up.

#12 ·
We have been good here, The Brandywine rose and fell quickly, but was still able to make it to work just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.