TTORA Forum banner

Barnwell Mountain trail report

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  meithkiller 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to Barnwell Mountain this weekend and the trails have washed out pretty badly with all the rain we've had the last few months. We had to winch through several 3 diamond trails and one 2 diamond trail. You can safely add a diamond to every trail in the park at this time time guys. The trails are still passable but a lot of care is required to keep the shiny side up.

#4 · (Edited)
Here is a couple of pics, excuse the jeep, I took it this time instead of the truck for seating room. Here is a few pics of one of the washed out 2 diamond trails. Most of the trails have gotten worse due to wash outs. My buddys jeep has 13 inchs of lift, on 37's and locked front and rear; still had to winch through this 2 diamond. The hummer is on a bonified 5 diamond; he made it once then had to be wenched the second time.

#5 ·
Dang! Glen mentioned that some of the trails were in rough shape after his last trip down there.

#7 ·
That's good to hear, cause I am heading down that way at the end of March, and I don't have a winch, YET! Hopefully, ARB and winch soon, keeping my fingers crossed.

#9 ·
Are you still mostly stock?

By the way, some of Arkansans are planning a trip to Gilmer late in March. Also, we've got a Louisianaian (01yota) planning on going.

#13 ·
Yeah, keep us informed, we may be able to make it down there in March as well.

#14 ·
#15 ·
cooper4x4 said:
any pics? TTR goes out there once a month but we haven't been since our Lonestar Jamboree at the beginning of the rains.
hey Brad rent a dozer and i'll come down the 30th of March and work the 1's and 2's so road driveable trucks can have a place to wheel

MAN that mud was deep on the low side :eek:

maybe some rocks to push in those deep spots

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.