TTORA Forum banner

Supercharger Install Kit (PTR29-60020)

20K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  TRDCOMA'00 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the TRD Supercharger Install Kit (part number PTR29-60020) Includes? I have called the local dealership, a couple of online places and TRD directly, but no one can tell me what this kit includes. It costs over $170 so I don't just want to order it and hope for the best. I searched, but if I missed it go ahead and :flamethro and kindly post a link.

Thanks

#3 ·
No I never got any feedback on this part number. TRD and all the dealerships I tried have no info about this part#

It is likely that you won't need the kit though; I just completed a (used) SC install last month and was able to get all the parts I needed separately through Toyota and alternate sources. The only part I was not able to get a hold of was an accelerator cable bracket for a MT, but I was able to make one. Let me know if you are having a hard time locating any of the parts you need, I may be able to help.

Here are some of the Toyota part numbers I needed:

IAC Check Valve PTR26-35042
Cut out Template PTR26-60029 (or download here)

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146219

Dynamic Tensioner Kit PTR29-60032 (includes all hardware below)
Tensioner Plate and Pulley assembly
Bolt, 10 x 1.25 X 70mm Flat Head Bolt
Bolt, 10 x 1.25 X 135mm Hex Head Bolt
Washer, 10mm Flat Bolt
Wiring Loom Relocation Bracket
Dipstick Relocation Bracket
6 X 10 X 12mm Bolt
6mm Flat Washer
Belt Routing Sticker

I also got a replacement bypass valve (mine did not actuate properly) and oil change kit which included a new oil drain plug, nose drive assembly coupler, sealant and 4oz of the proper synthetic gear oil from Manguson.

The link below is a good source for any of the bolts and the and the manifold support bracket spacer if you are missing them, all the fastener sizes are listed on the Kit Contents page of the SC install manual. I was able to get all my hardware in Stainless Steel from here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Hope that helps

#4 ·
Wow, if I could buy you a six pack I totally would. I'm in the middle of the process and i'm already getting started with a few online orders pending delivery. You've just saved me hours and hours.

I noticed the dynamic tensioner increased in price drastically over the past year or so.

Can I ask approx how much in total you ended up spending on the spare parts? In spare parts I mean everything but the blower - seems like you're just like me... starting with just the blower.

#6 · (Edited)
No Problem

Yes I did have to acquire most of my parts except the SC belt and Intake manifold gasket. I had to replace some of hoses with parts I had on hand, but you can make all the stock hoses work in necessary.

Here is the list:

From TRD Parts 4U:
PTR29-60032 TRD DYNAMIC TENSIONER $256.01
PTR26-35042 TRD Replacement Check Valve $6.50
Shipping $15.66
Order total 278.17

From McMaster-Carr:
91287A323 18-8 SS Hex Head Cap Screw M8x170x1.25mm Pack of 1 $5.28
91292A210 18-8 SS Socket Head Cap Screw M8x65x1.25mm Pack of 10 $6.75
93810A485 Bumax Hex Head Cap Screw M8x35mmx1.25mm Pack of 5 $10.10
Shipping $11.25
Order total $33.38

From Magnuson:
Bypass Valve Vacuum Actuator (Part#: 45-01-41-112) and Oil Change kit shipped $50.74

From Local Dealership:
PTR2660029 TRD SC FRONT LN TEMP $7.07

Bottom Line: $369.36

Regarding the manifold support bracket spacer I didn’t know what length to get until the SC was in place. Turns out that a spacer with an ID of 8mm and length of 25mm (or equivalent 5/16”x1”)works well. I got a chrome plated steel spacer in this size from the local True Value, but McMaster-Carr has a SS one in this size (Part# 92320A734) if you are going to place an order with them.

I also got these additional parts from URD:
SuperGrip Supercharger Pulley for $89.99 (Black Friday special)
SuperGrip Crankshaft Pulley $249.99 (Black Friday Special)
SuperGrip Idler Pulley for TRD Supercharger Dynamic Tensioner $99.00
Throttle Body Gasket for 5VZ-FE O-Shaped $4.95 (Same as TRD part)
URD 7th Injector Kit for TRD 5VZ-FE Supercharger
- Supercharger : Black
- Add AFR Calibrator : Yes +$79.00
- Spark Plugs : Denso Iridium IK22 +$49.00
$1,127.00

#5 ·
Good thread topic :kewl:

I recently removed my Sc for other reasons but plan to re-install in the spring. Do you know if your source carries the "rebuild kit" for the superchargers?

#7 ·
Magnuson used to offer rebuilt nose drive assemblies on an exchange basis, but when I contacted them about this (before Christmas) I was informed that TRD was now handling this and they no longer offered the service. I never contacted TRD about this so I am unaware if TRD will rebuild the nose drive assy or simply sell new ones. I am guessing the latter, but that is just a guess. Not sure if this is what you were talking about or not.

Seems like I remember hearing something about a SC rebuild kit before as well, but have not researched it. The folks at TRD Parts 4U were able to answer a lot of my questions about SC parts, as one of the guys there was in the process of sourcing/researching parts to rebuild a SC for himself at the same time I was last DEC. You may want to give them a call and see if they can offer some assistance or supply a rebuild kit.

I know TRD Parts 4U could get the TRD Supercharger Install Kit mentioned in the first post (part number PTR29-60020) but didn't know what it contained.

#8 ·
AllTerrain82 - Thank you for the effort. If this isn't worthy of a sticky I don't know what is...

I received some feedback yesterday regarding the original P/N in question (PTR29-60020). According to TRD (take with a grain of salt) it contains "everything" you need to install the SC except the blower and the dynamic tensioner pulley kit assembly (P/N PTR26-35040 which changed to PTR29-60032?). I could not get a straight answer on what exactly it included as in a parts list. I'm almost tempted to get this installation kit and the tensioner kit and see what else falls out.

I'm so glad you were able to located the bypass valves. Those are key!

#11 ·
I am afraid I cannot take much credit for sourcing parts. Gadget, both through his website and over the phone, supplied the vast majority of the info. Great guy with lots of knowledge and willing to take the time to share it.

If you need everything to install the SC it really wouldn't cost much more to just buy the install kit instead of second sourcing all the parts individually; plus you would probably get all the fancy stickers too :D Let us know what the kit contains if you go that route.

#10 ·
rebuild parts:

http://www.rollingperformance.com/

haven't done mine yet but need to soon. the only scary part is tapping the s/c for grease zerks to get the rotor bearings out :eek:

#12 ·
Just got through checking out that link. Not sure how I would feel about tapping the SC housing either. I assume the ports already exist on the bottom of the housing (don't remember from when I installed the SC) and they just need to be tapped? That may not be so bad I guess. Does anyone know what the expected service interval is for the rotor and snout bearings? Seems like I read somewhere that TRD states the SC has a 100K service life, but they claim lots of stuff...

#14 ·
Does anyone know what the TRD Supercharger Install Kit (part number PTR29-60020) Includes? I have called the local dealership, a couple of online places and TRD directly, but no one can tell me what this kit includes. It costs over $170 so I don't just want to order it and hope for the best. I searched, but if I missed it go ahead and :flamethro and kindly post a link.

Thanks
I don't remember needing a install kit for my sc. I think it came with all the hardware.:confused:

#16 ·
You have a used SC that didn't come with any of the required hardware? If that is the case then I feel your frustration.
The SC install instructions pdf located in the facts has a parts list that might be of some use as a check list.
I'll try to be more helpful in the future.

#17 ·
No worries, I posted this question a while ago. I was just trying to decide between buying the install kit for $170 and hoping it had all the install hardware I would need (and probably some I didn't) or just second sourcing everything. I decided to go with the latter route and the SC is all mounted up and working fine, less a little open loop tuning. I think ryu may purchase the install kit for his used SC install and let us know what the kit includes.

#22 ·
Ebay... but I knew what I was getting into; what it came with and what it didn't, how much it would cost to replace all the hardware and so on. Worked out well in the end. It seems to be somewhat common that a used SC doesn’t come with all the hardware. Doesn’t make sense to me, if the SC come off so should the rest of the hardware right?? Maybe some people think it looks cool to have a useless belt tensioner mounted to the block who knows : D

#19 ·
Yes, most supercharger bolt-on kits are going to included everything that you need. It is important to remember when you ever remove the kit that some parts are going to be replaced the next time you re-install it as many of the parts are not re-useable.

#23 ·
If you still have the pats list that came with the kit or remember exactly what hardware came with it and would be willing to post that info here it may be helpful to other people in the future. A scanned image of the kit contents sheet would be great.

Some parts, like the throttle cable brackets, are not available separately from Toyota/TRD (at least that is what they told me) so if someone needs all or most of the hardware for an install it may be worth it to them to buy the kit.

#26 ·
Got these so far from toyotaworld.com

PTR29-60032 TRD DYNAMIC TENSIONER $249
PTR26-35042 TRD Replacement Check Valve $6.50
PTR30-35040 TRD Belt $9.00
17176-62040 TOYOTA Intake Manifold Gasket $9.04
22271-62050 TOYOTA T/B Gasket $3.32

Can't plunge into the "Installation Kit" just yet. I suspect I will end up buying all the small hardware items separately. $179 for a kit with uknown contents just doesn't make sense. Hopefully HaOlE can chime in with more info...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.