TTORA Forum banner

Takeover 2011

14K views 99 replies 20 participants last post by  amatoer10 
#1 ·
Hey guys, talk has started over on the main board about Takeover 2011. They are looking for state chapters to speak up about where they want it to happen. The main Takeover is supposed to be on the eastcoast this year, so I have proposed Rausch Creek, along with a number of other people, including the guys from the Ohio Chapter.

I am more than willing to help out at the event to have it at Rausch, maybe some others are as well.

If you want to lend your :2cents: here is the thread
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2092312#post2092312

Lets get Takover at Rausch Creek :xbeer3::xbeer3:

#6 ·
I've only been there once and I'd love to go back. Word of advice for you...drop down to smaller tire or you're going to break that rig more than you already have if you go to Big Dogs. :p
I don't think that is possible, I already break it ever time it comes off the trailer.

#10 · (Edited)
Well I put up my thoughts on the main site thread. But we seriously need to do this at Big Dogs. Scott, if you want to do this at RC I understand as its always been the place for this event. But I think a change will be nice. If you guys are serious about trying out big dogs let me know and ill talk to john and get things going.

Yes, they have stock trails there. Hell the FJ Bruisers have their main event there.

Why Big Dogs?
1. Might be cheaper if there is no passenger fee.
2. Better Camping spots
3. Showers, with a lake to swim and fish
4. Trail Guides
5. More central so people from the South will come.

#11 ·
Well I put up my thoughts on the main site thread. But we seriously need to do this at Big Dogs. Scott, if you want to do this at RC I understand as its always been the place for this event. But I think a change will be nice. If you guys are serious about trying out big dogs let me know and ill talk to john and get things going.

Yes, they have stock trails there. Hell the FJ Bruisers have their main event there.

Why Big Dogs?
1. Cheaper
2. Better Camping spots
3. Showers, with a lake to swim and fish
4. Trail Guides
5. More central so people from the South will come.
Keith,

I'm all for Big Dogs. I gotta put this trailer to use somehow! Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think it should be at Big Dogs, Rausch is great and all, but it sure would be nice to wheel different terrain once in a while. We've been doing TO at Rausch for what, 7-8 years now? This would give us all an excuse to load up and make the trip down there.

#14 ·
i'm for big dogs but if that the case we need to make a decision soon because i'm gonna have to start saving now to be able to go.. i personally think is kinda bull shit that their isn't a "national" takeover anymore but i guess times have changed.. hopefully if we do get the spotlight event we can find a good sponsor to help fund it

#17 ·
Talked to John. He is very excited to hear that this could happen at the Cove. He did say that the campground increased their prices and it could end up being $125 per Rig. So that's $5 more than RC, but the extra $5 is worth camping at a real campground. Still not sure on a passengers fee or even if there will be one (was not one last year to camp).
He has the last weekend of July open and will hold it until a decision is made.
I sent a message to Jon at toyotacrawlers and see what he thinks, as they will have the extra 3hr drive.

#20 ·
Now if we do infact have it the last weekend of July, I will have to beg my ass off to go since my daughters b-day is August 1st and I am sure my wife will want to do something the same weekend. I liked it last year when it was the second to last weekend :)

#22 ·
My vote would be July 22-24th so I would have a better chance of making it, but whatever works for the group.

#24 ·
i'll set up a post with a poll with the last 2 weekends in july and we can go from there..

scott i think we should do our mini there even if we don't get the national spotlight.. sounds like a good time to me either way

#26 ·
Yes, there are some about 15-20min away. Also a bunch in Winchester about 30min away.

#27 ·
I picked the 22nd since that would fit my schedule better.

If we do end up going to Big Dogs, we should look at caravaning down.

#28 ·
#30 ·
hey guys im Brian from NTC. there is alot of confusion between us and it seems like you guys also, about this being the takeover us NTC guys go to with you at RC. i thought we had discussed the mini take over being in NH, and that we were pretty set on that. you guys want new challenging trails well we are offering it! a lot of us drive without trailers to RC and travel 6+ hrs to get there. its 9.5 hrs to big dogs for me, and we have guys who live in maine and they arent to happy with the thought of a 14 hr drive.

#31 ·
Brian,

I posted this same comment over on the NTC board. Let me know your thoughts.

The way I take the discussion is to get a concensus for the National Takeover event since Shannon said on the main board that it would be unlikely that there would be one National Takeover location this year due to the economy and other reasons. He said that there would most likely be several regional events with the possability of a "Spot Light" location. I brought it up that the east coast chapters should speak up about where they wanted to have a "Spot Light" location. Through peoples discussions, two parks came out, Rausch and Big Dogs as they would be somewhat centrally located to draw from the northern, southern, and central chapters.

Whether this Spot Light Takeover would take the place of the mini Takeover that we have with you guys each year, I have no idea

#33 ·
I'm not sure what's going on to be honest. Are we or are we not waiting for Shannon to make a decision?
Do we go to BigDogs this year- the NE guys want to stay at Rausch.
Do we stay at Rausch? If we do, the NE guys want the same weekend as the comp event. Not sure they realize that's going to mean they'll be camping in the parking lot.
Most of our guys want to avoid the event and have it the weekend prior.
I want to go wheeling without all the politics.

I hate this shit.

#34 ·
I feel the same way Scott, too much politics. If we were to have it at Rausch like the NE guys want and the comp is going on, therefore camping will blow, I can't believe I am going to say this, but what about setting up base camp at Echo? Maybe she isn't as crazy anymore :rolleyes:

I would just like to know where and when it will be so that I can plan ahead and if it ends up being at Big Dogs, save up for fuel to be able to tow down, since we have no idea what gas prices may be this summer.

#41 ·
If Takeover is last weekend in July I am out.
If its the weekend before, I will def make it out, either to Big Dogs or Rausch

#44 · (Edited)
Understandable, having done a few 9 hour drives and a 14 hour drive solo, I know how monotonous they can be.

If Takeover is featured on the east coast this year, it would be cool to have it at Big Dogs due to its centralized location. A lot of people in the GA chapter are not too far from ATL, which is about 10 hours from Big Dogs. Just glancing at the NE chapter, it looks like a lot are in MA, so most of them will be within 10 hours of Big Dogs. PA, OH, NC, and most of IN are within 10 hours of Big Dogs.

That's 6 chapters that are, for the most part, all within a (long) days drive. I know Shannon has said that he doesn't want to do a National Takeover and instead spotlight different chapters every year due to decrease in attendance/lack of sponsorship, but since there's a location like Big Dogs that is pretty much in the center of 6 chapters, I have a feeling that turnout would be pretty good.

I'm not saying to "combine" NETO, SETO, etc in favor of having one large (Regional?) Takeover, I just think that if an event is going to be featured it would be cool to have it somewhere that multiple chapters can get to within a day.

#48 ·
I need to know too as John emailed me yesterday. I told him everyone was divided so unless he didnt care of only getting 50 rigs or so, it probably was not going to happen. If he comes back and says he does not care how many trucks show up and the weekend of 22nd is good for him, do we book it??

#49 ·
I personally think that This "spotlight event" should be alittle better organized than waiting for the last minute like it seems to be now. I think we should stick with NETO on the weekend before the race. I still dont understand why it takes having A "spotlight event " To make everyone want to wheel Big Dogs, when they have events throughout the yr, and nobody makes an effort to go to them. If they are going to do spot light events, maybe we should plan this for next yr and have a HUGE showing for John and the crew at big dogs, plus give some of us more time to plan our wheeling trips.

Just my :2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.