TTORA Forum banner

Bob & Dovetail!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JR94SAS 
#1 · (Edited)
Well im finally done hiding out in my shop (Laramie has been too cold to go outside)! But anyway, I bobbed and dovetailed, built a rear bumper, front ARB, and bed cage. Im gettin it ready for the full cage this summer!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice! looks like you got it to come out very clean.

How did the floor work out, did you reuse the original?

Also, did you have any problems keeping the bedsides from kinking? when i doved mine i had to make some clearance cuts on the inside to keep the body lines straight. Just wondering what you had to do?

Anyways looks great!

Maybe i will make it back up to Medicine bow this summer and we can meet up to wheel or camp. I havent been back up to snowy range/ french creek in a couple years.

#8 ·
Im building a full internal, it will suround the winshield, go behind the dash, thru the firewall, behind the front fenders (with a piece that goes over ythe engine, connecting the shock hoops) and tie into the stinger.
I did not use any of the floor due to bilsteins goin way thru the floor, bed cage, and fuel cell space, i also wanted to drop the tool box down a few inches. I didnt have any problems with kinking because i removed the entire floor and front wall of the bed. Its just bedsides on a tubing frame.
I sectioned the tailgate 20", and bobbed 10". BTW i used NO bondo, thats all metal work.

#10 ·
BTW i used NO bondo, thats all metal work.
You've got way more talent at welding sheetmetal then I do (patience too :D ) Nice work once again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.