TTORA Forum banner

CB placement

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  1noobie 
#1 ·
where would anyone recommend placing my cb radio inside the cab? just wondering where i should put to be easy to reach and not in the way of everything?

#2 ·
Tacomapwr said:
where would anyone recommend placing my cb radio inside the cab? just wondering where i should put to be easy to reach and not in the way of everything?
Depending on size, you can put it in the little cubbyhole below the stock head unit.

Later,
....Mike

#5 ·
Another option would be to do some minor hack n' wack... and stick it in the ash tray location. That and the bay right below the radio are both popular choices for CB radios here... do some searching, and you should be able to easily find examples of both

#9 ·
nilson said:
Okay, what all is that in the picture? Radio, XM, scanner?, CB
The head unit is connected to an XM tuner. Just below that is an ICOM 2 meter radio. Below that is a Uniden CB. The portable unit on the right is a Sirius tuner. It's mounted to a laptop support.

Later,
....Mike

#11 ·
nilson said:
FM/AM, Sirius, XM, Amateur, and CB... you gotta lotta comms going on there :p
Well, with satellite radio I never listen to that AM/FM thing. :D

CB is the most popular way to communicate out on the trail, but the 2 meter rig is the way to go if you need to get help.

Later,
....Mike

#12 ·
I'm getting a CB soon. Probably gonna go with a Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB and a 4' Firestik FL. Should this be a good setup for a first-timer. Never messed with CB before really, and I am not looking for super-long range comms, just something to play with with friends...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.