TTORA Forum banner

D-ring Shackle Mounts

6K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  DrVic@BallisticFab 
#1 ·
#3 ·
just make some brad. wont be too hard. we can do it down here, jayce and i have already talked about it for mine.

#4 ·
I want them to be clean and Jayce said that he could make them but they wouldn't look as good as the laser cut ones. For $15 each as shown in the link above, I think it will be worth just buying them. It will save us some time.

You going be able to swing by on March 10-11 for my bumper build? That is the tentative date we have set. I am abuot 90% sure I will be able to make it down that weekend.

#5 ·
#6 ·
The Red Rock ones are from Poison Spyder.

But If you make your own you can make them look as good as you want it just depends on the time you spend on them. But yeah 15 bucks is not bad almost worth the time you would spend making them.

#7 ·
But I like the Long one from Rockstomper because you can weld it on both sides.

#9 ·
cooper4x4 said:
You going be able to swing by on March 10-11 for my bumper build? That is the tentative date we have set. I am abuot 90% sure I will be able to make it down that weekend.
ill be there boss

#11 ·
cooper4x4 said:
I want them to be clean and Jayce said that he could make them but they wouldn't look as good as the laser cut ones. For $15 each as shown in the link above, I think it will be worth just buying them. It will save us some time.

it's called grinding jackass !!

#12 ·
i got mine from poision spyder and looking at the blue torch ones, they look like they are the exact same.

#13 ·
cooper4x4 said:
Where can I buy some d-rings shackle mounts cheaper than the ones here: http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/categories/228_250.html

I thought I had seen some on Blue Torch Fab's website but I can't find them now. Any other vendors that sell them?
I have some. I build bumpers and I have some that look exactly like the ones in the pic. 1 inch thick with a 7/8 hole for a 3/4" shackle. They are cnc machined and the back side is already beveled for welding. if you are still in the market, they are $15 each...

Anthony Padgett
136 Lyttleton Lane
Madison heights VA 24572

I have a large quantity. if you know anyone who needs more, send them my way.

#14 ·
Get long ones that weld all the way through....

I got mine from EMS offroad and was very happy, especially when they were only 30 bucks for both of 'em...1" thick and 5" long....can't beat 'em

#21 ·
Classydjo said:
A set of torches, a ¾'' Drill size, a 1" thick steel plate... forget about giving 60$ for this...
What's the torch for? The steel is $5, and you can get the drill bit for about $20 and have the metal yard cut it to the length for you want for about a buck ;)

#24 ·
There are some on ebay as well. The ones that go all the way through 2" box sell for $18 plus like $8 for shipping. I'm looking for some that will go all the way through 3" box though, so they need to be atleast 5" long.

What is the EMS offroad you speak of? Got a link?

#25 ·
i don't think that passing the mounts trough the bumper is such necessary. Flux Core welding got 70 000kg/cm3 of resistance depending on your wire. Just apply a good 3pass welding all around the mounts and forget about bend them...

#26 ·
Classydjo said:
i don't think that passing the mounts trough the bumper is such necessary. Flux Core welding got 70 000kg/cm3 of resistance depending on your wire. Just apply a good 3pass welding all around the mounts and forget about bend them...
Its not the wire you are welding with ness. but more the material you are welding to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.