TTORA Forum banner

Keeping sweaty butts off the seat

17K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  black_taco 
#1 ·
I'm not sure I'd consider this a trick, but I figured I'd share what I did to help prevent sweaty ass syndrom from seeping into your seat after a long day of mtn. biking, the gym, etc...

I went down to Wally World about a year ago and bought some cheap bath towels that matched the interior of my truck. They were roughly $3 each. I'd use them if I knew my jeans were super dirty or after mtn. biking. Only problem is they would fall down after a while of driving if you leaned forward, leaving you with this massive lumbar.

Finally I got tired of that routine. After going down to Home Depot I picked up some 1/2" Grommet Kit for about $7. Well... I'll let the pictures explain the rest, but overall it worked out great. I'm no seamstress so the thought of me with a needle and thread was out of the question. The grommets are solid so I don't think there will be any fraying, at least not for a long time.

See less See more
#7 ·
We have a blanket in my gf's rav to protect the back seat from the dog, this might be the solution I've been looking for. Good idea!

#12 ·
Yep, the black pieces are part of the punch/crump set. Very easy to use but by no means an industrial grade tool. Worked well enough for me. It's obviously not high tech but it works enough to keep sweat of the back & bottom of the seat.

#14 ·
I like this idea a lot. One mod for when I do this myself might be to use some small carabiners through the grommets to attach to the headrest. Make it easier to remove the towel for cleaning or when you don't need a towel there.

#16 ·
nice little trick...

ifn' one might believe these kidney punching suck ass seats
are worth wasting a towel for :dunno:

tho' I suppose no one wants their seats to smell...
like some last call, sweat hog, ya picked up at at the local pub :shiner:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.