Clutch issues - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Early Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
fishin4life0228

Default Clutch issues

Whats up everyone hopefully someone can help me im totally frustrated. Put a new clutch in a few months ago.. I have a 2000 Tacoma 4x4 3.4L I know all toyotas are self adjusting cluches but it releases just as high as my old worn out clutch. Also if I am going to a stop down hill push the clutch it shuttters really hard (only going down hill) I looked for threads about this but found nothing... Any in site?
fishin4life0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
carl11

it shudders when you push in the clutch when you are rolling downhill???

as far as the enguagement, you can adjust that on the petal itself. there is a pin with a retainer clip on it that goes to the clutch master cylinder. take the pin out and turn it in a few turns and it will lower the enguagement lower on the petal
carl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
GatorTaco
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl11 View Post
it shudders when you push in the clutch when you are rolling downhill???

as far as the enguagement, you can adjust that on the petal itself. there is a pin with a retainer clip on it that goes to the clutch master cylinder. take the pin out and turn it in a few turns and it will lower the enguagement lower on the petal
I've never heard of the shuttering you describe...

and Carl- I'll have to look into that.. I just figured the clutch depth was in the design.
GatorTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
carl11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTaco View Post
I've never heard of the shuttering you describe...

and Carl- I'll have to look into that.. I just figured the clutch depth was in the design.
it is in the design, but if you dont want it to let out so high, you can turn that rod inward and it will lower the petal height
carl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
fishin4life0228

Default issues

Wow!! Just Wow.. You guys are on top of things.. I will adjust the petal .. It is a marlin clutch..I did resurface the flywheel but the guy who did it .. did it for free we all know what that means. I <3 TTORA
fishin4life0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
ShowStop
Member Dismemberer

My Rig: 95.5 Tacoma
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop

The release point generally does not change when you put in a new clutch. Due to the hydraulics, the release point is usually always about the same.

The shuddering could be hot spots on the flywheel if it wasn't properly machined when the clutch was replaced, assembly grease contamination, warped clutch disc or just weak damper springs on the clutch disc.

Since you say the shudder happens when you disengage the clutch on a downhill, that sounds like the clutch disc is still trying to grab. What type of clutch was installed?
ShowStop is online now   Reply With Quote