Will a 15 inch rim from a 90-95 4runner fit on a 2002 Tacoma - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Tires/Wheels
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
freshman

Default Will a 15 inch rim from a 90-95 4runner fit on a 2002 Tacoma

Quick question guys, i have access on a cheap set of a 1994 Toyota 4runner alloy rims which are 15 inch. Will this clear the calipers on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Double cab that came with 16 inch rims? I am asking because apparently, the 1999-2002 4runner does not take rims that are 15 inch without grinding the caliper. Thank you.
freshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
toymota
Veteran Member

It's the difference in generations of yotas.

Earlier versions of each had smaller calipers.

You are wanting to go from an earlier model with 15's and put those on a later model with 16's (right?).

I have heard of a person or two doing this but they may have ground calipers or used spacers.

As is - I think they won't fit. But I only have what what I've seen and heard to go by - no first hand experience.

Having said that I've got 15" alloys on my truck, but the backspacing is pretty low, and the spoke profile is weird to compensate for that caliper (and still I'd bet a penny wouldn't fit between the two).

Is there any way you can test before you buy?

You like guns??
*If you believe in our 2nd amendment, please consider helping us keep it NRA
*Check out armslist.com... It's like Craigslist for guns
toymota is offline   Reply With Quote