Aftermarket Body Mounts for Tacoma - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Late Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
y2kbaja

Default Aftermarket Body Mounts for Tacoma

Has anybody found an aftermarket polyruethane body mount for the 05+ Tacoma? I contacted Energy Susp last year and they had nother and were not interested in looking into it at anytime soon. I have the Energy 9-4101g for the radiator body mount but I don't see one bigger for the cab mounts. Energy 8-4107g is for the 01-04 Tacoma. I don't really want to spend $85 to see if they work. Has anybody replaced their body mounts with urethane?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Wainiha
Veteran Member

My Rig: 2000 Tacoma

Have tried 4crawler?
Marlin Clutch
Wainiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
PSU Taco85

My Rig: Taco

I've talked about that with Roger when I put my 4crawler body lift on. As of yet, there is nothign available for the 2nd gen Tacomas. The rubber mounts are holding up just fine for me.
PSU Taco85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Land Pirates Off Road
Veteran Member

My Rig: 2010 Toyota Tundra

Stock should hold up to just about anything really. But if you can hold off a bit, Daystar is coming out with a kit. We just talked to the factory rep about 2 weeks ago requesting them. They are in the works...

https://www.facebook.com/LandPiratesOffRoad
Landpiratesoffroad.com
Land Pirates Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
taco4x4rar
Veteran Member

My Rig: 06 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to taco4x4rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Pirates Off Road View Post
Stock should hold up to just about anything really. But if you can hold off a bit, Daystar is coming out with a kit. We just talked to the factory rep about 2 weeks ago requesting them. They are in the works...
While the stock ones are durable they allow for quite a bit of cab movement, I guess thats a good thing for flexy frames but once I get mine boxed I'll really be wanting something a little more ridged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecwboy View Post
I'm still a homo!
http://toyotaoff-road.com/
Randy
2006 Tacoma x-cab, flat bed, leaf sprung Dana 44, Dana 60/ 14 bolt coming soon
1992 Chevy C-1500 swapped D60/14bolt 454 and th400 (wrecked it)
taco4x4rar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
y2kbaja

copy, daystar, wait.

Yes, cab flexing too much, it's contacting the bed sides which are about 2 1/2 inches away.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Land Pirates Off Road
Veteran Member

My Rig: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Thumbs up

100% agree... You would freak if you saw how much the 07+ Tundra flexes!!! Once you start needing a better set up you either go with hard spacers or solid mount.
We solid mounted out own rigs for safety and for control.

If your boxing in your frame, diving fast... etc... Solid mount with 5/8 or 3/4 inch grade 8 or better bolts. Oh, and over sized hardened washers...

https://www.facebook.com/LandPiratesOffRoad
Landpiratesoffroad.com
Land Pirates Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
hilux30
Veteran Member

Man that cab is going to get shaken' to pieces... you caging this truck? Anyone done this and can comment about the NVH and ride?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
lrgrnr
Veteran Member

Interested.......
lrgrnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #10
y2kbaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Pirates Off Road View Post
100% agree... You would freak if you saw how much the 07+ Tundra flexes!!! Once you start needing a better set up you either go with hard spacers or solid mount.
We solid mounted out own rigs for safety and for control.

If your boxing in your frame, diving fast... etc... Solid mount with 5/8 or 3/4 inch grade 8 or better bolts. Oh, and over sized hardened washers...
Amen to the Tundra flex. I was chasing Choas on the Mojave Road with my Drift in-car rolling, even the license plate was moving a different way. Too bad the camera was out of batteries.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
rzimm001

Any updates on poly body mounts?? My cab is bouncy as hell after a lot of abuse and I have a really good idea that it's the body mounts. It just doesn't feel coilover related. Also, if I go over speed bumps there's some sort of chassis slap sound coming from the bed. After examining the body mounts I can see some contact marks from the body mount flexing enough to allow the body mount washer to contact the bottom edge of the body mount itself. These are very strange body mounts as they are almost like the control arm bushings but mounted verticle. Any ideas or fixes floating around out there??
rzimm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
rzimm001

Is it just me or are my front body mounts collapsed?? The first picture is the front mount and the second picture is the rear mount.

rzimm001 is offline   Reply With Quote