So where is a good Toyota mechanic shop? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Nevada > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Scot45
Veteran Member

Default So where is a good Toyota mechanic shop?

Now that Brett has moved and Findlay is no longer a option for me, who has a good Toyota mechanic? Rich is still awesome, but I'm done with Findlay. They will get no more of my money. I brought it in about a month ago to get the front and rear diff oil drained and they charged me $250 for a "4x4 fluid service" ! Apparently management has changed and they are back to being a stealership.

I'd like to find someone or some shop that is trustworthy and knows what they are doing.
Scot45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot45 View Post
Now that Brett has moved and Findlay is no longer a option for me, who has a good Toyota mechanic? Rich is still awesome, but I'm done with Findlay. They will get no more of my money. I brought it in about a month ago to get the front and rear diff oil drained and they charged me $250 for a "4x4 fluid service" ! Apparently management has changed and they are back to being a stealership.

I'd like to find someone or some shop that is trustworthy and knows what they are doing.

One of our former techs, Mike....started up his own shop over here on Sunset....between Eastgate and Boulder. I think it's called TLS, Toyota Lexus Service!!
Don't know the number off the top of my head, but you can google it. His wife is Vanessa.....very cool people, and we even have a few employees who go there now.
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Scot45
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
One of our former techs, Mike....started up his own shop over here on Sunset....between Eastgate and Boulder. I think it's called TLS, Toyota Lexus Service!!
Don't know the number off the top of my head, but you can google it. His wife is Vanessa.....very cool people, and we even have a few employees who go there now.
AWESOME! This is exactly what I was looking for. I check them out.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
DWreck

My Rig: 2010 Tacoma

Quote:
Lemme know how it goes please.
DWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

Quote:

No worries, tell them I sent you! Mike and Vanessa are cool people!
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Ludedude

Send a message via ICQ to Ludedude Send a message via AIM to Ludedude Send a message via MSN to Ludedude Send a message via Yahoo to Ludedude Send a message via Skype™ to Ludedude

Quote:
And?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Scot45
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
And?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have not used them yet.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
mgyver1
Veteran Member

I suggest Precision Performance located near I-15 & Spring Mountain. They have always done good work and their prices are fair. They only work on Toyota Lexus, but it's located in the same place as Wally's Honda/Acura service.

Precision Performance:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Precis...99333900088364
871-2842
3290 Pinks Place, Las Vegas
Best In The Desert Racing Association
'02 Ext. cab Prerunner V6 Auto SR5 TRD
mgyver1 is offline   Reply With Quote