Stubb shafts - Page 2 - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Rock Crawling Tech > Solid Axle Swap Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:04 PM   #31
PappaF2
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK98Taco

As for shafts, I am still on the wall between Warn and Moser alloys. The Warns are cheaper, but Moser is known for making stout stuff.
actually until now moser has been know for making shitty shafts in the offroad community, at least front shafts. They were called "alloy" shafts but were not much stronger than stock spicer stuff was. Now that they have the new MAX shafts out they are starting to be know a little more for good front axles, but they haven;t had the goods out for that long.
PappaF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2004, 09:15 PM   #32
AK98Taco
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaF2
actually until now moser has been know for making shitty shafts in the offroad community, at least front shafts. They were called "alloy" shafts but were not much stronger than stock spicer stuff was. Now that they have the new MAX shafts out they are starting to be know a little more for good front axles, but they haven;t had the goods out for that long.
Wow, I was unaware. I knew Chris Moser had his "Moser Dozer" that he campaigned at Top Truck Challenge. It was supposedly utilizing his shafts.

Guess I'll have to look more into their quality and warranty.

Thanks a lot for the heads up.

I love to buy my parts from TRDParts4U.com
AK98Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:38 PM   #33
zszac111
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to zszac111

the new max shafts are suppost to be better than the old shafts, as far as warn shafts ive seen tons of them broken, ive never saw a chromolly superior axle broken but plenty of superior evo series, yukon seems to be doing ok from what ive saw, ive gave these shafts hell and they are still holding up, but they only have about 10 hard runs on them. if you have the money superior chromo is the way to go.