1985 Toyota 4Runner DX Auto, locked
Truck has 266K according to the Speedo,
65K on the Engine (from Japan)
35" Wrangler MTR's on AR 589's and matching spare with 100% tread
- 5.29 Gears
- Tubbed front inner wheel wells
- Detroit Locker rear
- Lock Right in Front
- Rear Tube bumper and rock sliders tied into the frame.
- SR5 seats out of an 85 SR5
- rear window works!
- body work to repair some rust spots
- new paint job; Brightside Polyurethane Hatteras Off-White 1990
- GM 140amp alternator upgrade
- brand new starter and upgraded starter wire relay bypass (4crawler method)
See build-up thread for more details on upgrades:
- A/C works but has a leak in a coupling near grill (R134a conversion)
- minor surface rust on the shell's L brackets and near the front windshield
- rear windshield wiper sorta works, but doesn't re-engage properly; needs some TLC
- airbox-to-throttle body hose is cracked at the TB; still works, but needs to be replaced
I daily drove it for over a year.
I'm selling it because I needed something more reliable for daily driving and a four door for the family.
In Pearland, TX
Before new paint:
Custom made Bikini top
Tons of pictures documenting upgrades: