KM2's - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > SoCal > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
rivethead242
Veteran Member

My Rig: 04 Tacoma
Default KM2's

For those looking for some new tires. Just thought I would share my experience with Discount/Americas tires. I just picked up a set of BFG KM2's 255/85-16 for 160 each from Americas Tires. Regular price was 214 per tire. Note, Discount tires will price match but they will try to get you with "shipping" fees. Well thanks to Johnny who showed me this seller on Tacomaworld who has 285/75-16's for 150 each. Appears he is getting them from this guy on dezert rangers. Well these two aren't the size I am looking for, nor legit companies. So i did some more research on the net and was able to find the 255/85-16's for 171 each on TireCrawler. Which has free shipping to Allen Tires (scattered all throughout so cal). With all three of these documents printed up, I took them into Discount tires to see what i could talk them down to. The manager didn't want to recognize the 2 forums , b/c they weren't the correct size. But after showing him the 285's and 33's are practically the same tire as the 255 he was willing to budge a little bit. Then I showed him the TireCrawler estimate which he couldn't dispute b/c it labeled out the 255's for 171 with free shipping. At this point I am pretty sure the manager I was dealing with had had enough of me. He made a phone call and found out that these tires are on National Backorder and told me it would be at least 6 weeks before they could even get them. Went to the truck, made a phone call to another Discount tires and they told me the same story about national backorder and 4-6 week time frame.......put me on hold........."Wait! Our neighbor branch in murrieta has 4 of them right now". Walked back into to talk to the manager, asked him to check if murrieta had them. Sure enough they do. Since the size i want is not listed for 150 he reasoned with me and met me at 160 per tire. Which from what I can research seems like a pretty good deal. Total 760 for 4 tires mounted, with free lifetime rotations.

Enough of my babbling. Long story short, haggling is key! If thats not your thing.....this guy seems to have a "steady" supply of 285's for 150 each.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ot-km2s-2.html
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/wheels-tires/130394.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Johnnie
Veteran Member

Good work, John. I'll have to try this next year when it's time for new tires.
SAW 2.0
All Pro Leafs
Fox 10" RR Shocks
All Pro Rear Bumper
Frontline Fab Front Bumper
ProComp 51 Series
Revenge-Fab Sliders
Daddy's Bed Bar
Icom V8000 w/ Larsen NMO150BK
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
rivethead242
Veteran Member

My Rig: 04 Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Good work, John. I'll have to try this next year when it's time for new tires.
Just don't expect to make any new friends in doing so!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
j-money$$$
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivethead242 View Post
Just don't expect to make any new friends in doing so!
Good job on the find, I did about the exact same thing with my Km2 purchase at my local americas tire, but I had them price match discounttiredirect.com which happens to be the same company just $250 cheaper... It turned in to me saying "listen here ass hole, your a DICK" to the manager. But i got the deal, and scored a few enemies!

Im going to hit up the cheap km2 guy because i want some 315/75r16's
good work/
Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
BLACKHAWK250
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BLACKHAWK250

hell yeah great find
BLACKHAWK250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
JoeTacoma02
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivethead242 View Post

I bought from this guy back in August when I was still there. Thought it was to good to be true but when I went to go pick them it they were brand effin new! 10ply km2s.

||Mall Crawler||

My Build

Gitout.com

JoeTacoma02 is offline   Reply With Quote