My 2000 4runner build - Page 14 - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Colorado > Extreme Mods & Wheeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #391
ike
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1999 tacoma

Looks carnageish to me.

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #392
orange crusher
#1 cruiser

My Rig: fj60

Im in for a penrose run!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #393
Volcom
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyC View Post
Its sick bro.

I need to charge the shocks a little more. Its setup for competition crawling with only an inch or two of up travel. So, its rough just running the trails. I will remedy that. I need to add some nitrogen to the air shocks and bring the ride height up.

The brakes need some work. Seems like I am not getting enough throw on the pedal and it tries to drive through the brakes a little more than I like. We have a plan for that already.

I actually fit really well in the buggy though. Its phenomenal in the rocks. I was playing with the Atlas and cutting brakes a lot to get used to it all. Its ready for a Penrose trip. Even thinking about going down next weekend.
I bet it's overwhelming at first with the cutting brakes, ARB, twin stick, FWD, etc.... I know I'd be lost for a while. Glad it's working out well!

I'd love to join ya for a Penrose run this weekend but I'll be in Estes all weekend with the family.

You still thinking of adding some wheelbase to it? Probably the rear back vs the front forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTCO
If you build an F-Toy it better be the Toyota motor home class, because your going to be living in it! Your wife would kill you if took on that big of a project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyota26
Yeah it needs more troyangulation
Volcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #394
ScottyC
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
I bet it's overwhelming at first with the cutting brakes, ARB, twin stick, FWD, etc.... I know I'd be lost for a while. Glad it's working out well!

I'd love to join ya for a Penrose run this weekend but I'll be in Estes all weekend with the family.

You still thinking of adding some wheelbase to it? Probably the rear back vs the front forward?
Not anymore. The belly is only 18" off the ground. Anymore and I would be getting hung up a lot on it. I think I'm gonna leave it for now. If I ever go bigger than 39s I will likely extend it, but I figure I have at least a couple seasons on the red labels that came with it. They are basically new. Barely even broken in yet.
ScottyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #395
ike
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1999 tacoma

I wanna borrow it!

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #396
ScottyC
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom View Post

Honestly, its not that intimidating. My old 72' EB had an Atlas in it, so that isn't that big of a deal. You learn where and when to front dig and unlock the ARB. The cutting brakes are really easy to work with too. The only thing that took some getting used to was what gear to be in with the tranny. My 4runner was ultra smooth in comparison to this buggy. It worked incredibly smooth. Downshifts were immediate and I could bounce through gears seamlessly. This rig takes some work and throttle play to get it to shift correctly. Its a built C6 with a shift kit in it. So, it takes some work. No big deal though in the rocks, but trail running is a little different.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #397
ScottyC
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I wanna borrow it!
Ha! Everyone is saying that. John and Ben already "borrowed" it.

BTW, the trail in question is Kelly Flats. Most of those pics were in the Chutes. There is a line you can run on the wall coming down the chutes. That is where you see Ben climbing out of the chutes.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #398
mrdoug
Veteran Member

My Rig: 3.4 swapped 85 xcab

I knew it looked familiar, hell, I was just there a couple days ago.

I just couldn't place it. Tho, I still can't figure out what line you were on for some of those pix. guess I'll need to head back up there and look for it.

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
mrdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #399
arrrghhh

Very cool Scotty. I want toys like that when I grow up... O wait.
arrrghhh is offline   Reply With Quote