Changing of the guards - Time for a new VP - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > SoCal > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
sparky
SoCal President

My Rig: '04 Tacoma
Default Changing of the guards - Time for a new VP

After a 4 year term, Jamie Franks(SAR_Squid79), has presented his resignation to the SoCal Staff. He will remain on Staff, though, as a Trail Leader. Jamie has done a lot for the Chapter while holding his position and I have no doubt he will continue to do so in any form he's able to. For those of you who have wheeled, wrenched or just hung out with Jamie, you know how great of a person he his. For those who haven't, trust me, you'll want the chance to meet him and hopefully get to learn a thing or two about responsible off-road recreation.

Jamie,

I know you've put a lot of work into your position throughout the years. Effort like that rarely goes unnoticed and I can assure you there will be Staff and members alike that will share my feelings about your resignation.

I appreciate you offering to stay on as a Trail Leader. You have a vast amount of trail experience and knowledge that our members can benefit from. I always look forward wheeling with you and learning something new that will improve my abilities. That and you're just a great person all together to be around.

Thank you for all you've done for the chapter and all that you'll continue to do in the future.

I hope to see you out there next year!

- sparky

The floor is open to any and all nominations for the position of Vice-President. The duties of Vice-President include but are not limited to:
- planning official monthly events for the Chapter
- communicating with sponsors
- promoting the Club in a positive and responsible manner
- adhering to and promoting trail ediquette (TreadLightly!)
- leading and tailgunning runs when necessary

You should have basic knowledge of common trail repairs and have a functioning cb radio.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
sparky
SoCal President

I'll start it then.

I have two nominations. Both of these individuals have shown a particular interest in the Chapter's success. They make time to attend runs and volunteer to take a lead or gunner position. They have an all around good attitude and always extend themselves out to everyone.

Garry - vistataco

John - rivethead242

How about it, guys?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Scuba
Veteran Member

Both Garry and John would be awesome choices for a new VP.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
j-money$$$
Veteran Member

Dont know Gary, im sure he is a nice guy

But I do know john and I think he would be a great choice.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
Johnnie
Veteran Member

I've never met Garry but I'm sure he'd be great. I do know John and I'll know he'll do great.

I'd also like to volunteer Scuba. He's goes to most official runs, goes to many runs on his own and is well versed on many So. Cal. trails. Both John and Scuba's Tacoma knowledge is great as well as their ability to wheel with others.

Maybe we can have a VP and Speaker of the House.
SAW 2.0
All Pro Leafs
Fox 10" RR Shocks
All Pro Rear Bumper
Frontline Fab Front Bumper
ProComp 51 Series
Revenge-Fab Sliders
Daddy's Bed Bar
Icom V8000 w/ Larsen NMO150BK
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
rivethead242
Veteran Member

My Rig: 04 Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
have a functioning cb radio
That eliminates me from this equation
Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #7
rivethead242
Veteran Member

Well, time to replace my busted coax cable

Thank you all for the vote of confidence. Guess it is my time to step up to the plate. It seems like just yesterday I was recruited to TTORA by Rick (pray4surf) after having no luck finding people to wheel Corral Canyon from CustomTacos. After my first run with TTORA in Anza Borrego my wheeling bug was caught, and I hit the water running. Jamie (SAR_Squid79) has left some big shoes to fill, but I will do my best to carry the torch. This forum has helped/taught me so much over the past few years, it will be nice to give something back. I am no "pro" by any means, but I am never afraid to learn something new and get my hands dirty helping others. I look forward to assisting Michael (Sparky) as he has had a lot on his plate this year. Unless someone more suitable/available is willing to step up, I'd consider it a privilege to fulfill the position as SoCal's VP.

Last edited by rivethead242; 11-29-2011 at 02:28 PM.
rivethead242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
pray4surf
Just another newb....

Congratulations John!

Appears the chapter is going to continue to improve with both you and Michael at the helm....

Don't let the little things get you down, enjoy the ride and the sense of accomplishment that comes with the territory....

I hope to become a little more active next year

See you on the trails

Rick

SoCal TTORA Forum

SoCal TTORA Website
pray4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Scuba
Veteran Member

Johnnie, I appreciate the nomination. But, I have some big changes coming over the next year that most likely will take me far away from SoCal and this chapter.
It seems as though John has accepted the responsibility. I look forward to continue to work with the chapter and wheel as a trail leader.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
proudrunner

Send a message via AIM to proudrunner

Congrats John on your nomination of vp! I also hope to do more runs with ttora next year.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
BattleWagon
Veteran Member

Sorry to see you go Jamie. You have definitely went above and beyond your call of duty as VP of TTORA, so thank you for all of your hard work!!

and

Congrats to Big John on the nomination for VP. You will definitely have some big shoes to fill but we all you got it..

87 4Runner Build (Current Rig)
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...65#post2159265

01 Dcab Taco Build..Sold 09/10
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156417
BattleWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #12
sparky
SoCal President

Let me officially welcome rivethead242(John) into the SoCal Staff as the new Vice President!

John has shown a strong interest in the Chapter's continuing success in past years. Anytime a discussion arose concerning any Official Event, he made sure that I knew his services were always available. I have no doubt in my mind that John will put full effort into the tasks given to him. He is a big promoter of the Club and will have a positive effect on repeat attendance from all of our members, both old and new.

Thank you for everybody's vote of confidence. It makes this decision even easier and assures me that he's the right man for the job. I look forward to next year having John as my Righthand Man.

Congratulations John and welcome aboard!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
rivethead242
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray4surf View Post
Congratulations John!
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudrunner View Post
Congrats John on your nomination of vp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleWagon View Post
Congrats to Big John on the nomination for VP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Congratulations John and welcome aboard!
Thank you guys! It is greatly appreciated.

Please allow me a bit of a "grace" period to get caught up to speed. Jamie has done a wonderful job over the past few years, and I hate to see him step down. He has really set the standards in defining what a VP should be. It will be a difficult task to meet those standards, but I will certainly do my best. Jamie, I salute you on a job well done and wish you success on the journey that lies ahead of you.

I hope to see you all out on the trails this coming up year. Both old and new members. TTORA wouldn't be what it is without its members. I hope you are all ready to get your tires dirty, sliders scuffed up, and perhaps a few more dings
Old 12-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Scuba
Veteran Member

We nominated the biggest and best web wheeler on TTORA to be our vice president?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
Pikeman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
We nominated the biggest and best web wheeler on TTORA to be our vice president?
Thought we nominated John(rivethead) not Wgasa84....LOL

Congrats John, I am sure you will do a fine job as VP. Now if the 2012 calendar can be scheduled when I don't have Reserves I will make some runs with TTORA this next year. Luckily I have still been able to wheel with a few other groups.
98 T4R SR5 3.4L Auto, All-Pro UCAs, Coils, Rock Sliders. Sonoran Steel 1.2 Rear(FJ80 coils), DIY rear bumper w/ Carrier. NTG 285/75/16 on Ivan Stewarts. Front Bumper and roof rack by www.OutdoorLogic.net Vision X lights
Wish list: Winch, skids

http://www.sbnfa.org/ohvhosts.php
Good Program to look into.
Pikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #16
rivethead242
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post