Turn Signals - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Ohio > Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Full_Tilt_Fud
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1985 Pickup
Default Turn Signals

I will start by saying that wireing is something I hate and am terrible at. I am trying to get enough lights working on my trail rig for it to be somewhat legal to road drive as I plan on slapping some cheap 35's on some spare rims and driving it some this sommer.

I have headlights in the front and all the factory wireing is there for the other stuff so I jusyjust need to sort out what does what and add some turnsignals since the factory corner lights dont fit with the fender chop.

As for the rear...i have tail lights and brake lights but no turn signals...i dont know if its just because of the lights that are in it or if wires are missing or???.

My question is....where does the turn signal wireing originate from under the hood? I believe the part in the cab is good since the indicators in the gauge cluster blink correctly when you operate the switch. What color are the turn signal wires? How many wires are suppose to run to the rear lights? Currently all wires run to the rr and then get jumpered to the lr...is this stock configuration?

Any help would be great

85 ex. cab 1 tons, coilovers, ect

09 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ a Cummins.....Tow rig
Full_Tilt_Fud is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Full_Tilt_Fud
Veteran Member

I have it sorted out...i have wireing for the turn signals all the way to the back...problem is the lights I have are 3 wire where the stop / turn are meant to run on the same wire / prong. So I need to get some different lights or add a seperate turn signal.

My next issue is reverse lights...that circuit is dead...so I guess I need to dig into that.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Warsloth

I ran into the same problem on my 87 when i did new flatbed and bumper. I bought new LED tail lights and couldnt figure it out. Finally realized that i needed seperate turn signal lights so I bought some amber lights and made it so they share a ground with the tail/brakes.
The wiring comes out of the right side but runs behind your vents and shit all the way to the fuse box in the drivers side of the cab. But if you undo the trim strip under the pass door and pull up the wire there is a plug there a couple feet back. I plan on rewiring mine with new wire spliced from this point back.
I have pictures, i just need to set up with a hosting thing, was doing it from facebook but I upped my security.

09 dbl cab TRD taco kiddie hauler
Warsloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Warsloth

I need to find some good white LED lights for the reverse light too, but i usually dont worry about it, was also thinking of having some extra rear mounted work lights but would probably be to much draw to run on the existing reverse circuit.
Since i pulled all my interior dash components was thinking of making some custom pieces to put back in, and include a switchboard for lights, weapons, area denial release, emergency eject... Just kidding about the eject thing.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
NwiTACO

My Rig: 2005 TACOMA DCSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt_Fud View Post
I am trying to get enough lights working on my trail rig for it to be somewhat legal to road drive as I plan on slapping some cheap 35's on some spare rims and driving it some this sommer.
I will be getting rid of my 35's in the next few weeks...set of 5 for $600 OBO...downside is they are for a 17" rim...but rims are cheaper than tires!

I like the idea of making your truck street legal...
Blue Ribbon Coalition #4847

'05 Tacoma DCSB on Tons
NwiTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Full_Tilt_Fud
Veteran Member

I think I have I figured out to where I can get a trailer converter box to go from 4 wires to three so my current lights will do stop / turn / tail. I am not worried about back up lights.

For the front I need to finish building a bumper then add some corner markers/turn signals.

I found a set of like new 37" ssr swampers for 500$ I am thinking about grabing....they would work fine for street driving and wheeling. I am not trying to make it being driven long distances I just want to be able to do local stuff ( <50 miles) without a trailer.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Warsloth

If you want i can tell you what to wire where, i made notes and can just go look at mine, the only thing is I kept stock wires (for now) and found my 87 and my 85 had different number of wires. Let me know if you have a brown wire, and I will know which way it gets done. I like my seperate lights, if theres a good free hosting sight i can upload from my phone i will start posting pics of all this shtuff.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Full_Tilt_Fud
Veteran Member

I got all the wireing figured out. My issue is I have no good way/place to mount more lights, plus I like the clean look of only two lights. Just need to get the trailer converter box.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
Warsloth

I guess i havent seen your rear bumper. Mine is just a piece of 6" aluminum channel, i have two oval LED tIl lights AND TWO SMALL AMBER TURN LIGHTS ... dumb touch keyboard...AT THE OUTSIDE CORNERS