Toy Axle Swap - Page 2 - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Rock Crawling Tech > Solid Axle Swap Parts Lists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #31
NorcalPR
NorCal Chapter Pres

My Rig: SAS'd 01 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to NorcalPR

What brake lines do you need? I have a pair that's the 10mm Flare on one end, and a 3/8(10mm) banjo on the other end. 28" long.

If you're going to use Tacoma Calipers, they'll work great. You can also use them for the tundra calipers. I also have the banjo bolts and the copper washers. Everything is new, enver been used

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
NorcalPR is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #32
Boonie Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalPR View Post
What brake lines do you need? I have a pair that's the 10mm Flare on one end, and a 3/8(10mm) banjo on the other end. 28" long.

If you're going to use Tacoma Calipers, they'll work great. You can also use them for the tundra calipers. I also have the banjo bolts and the copper washers. Everything is new, enver been used
Thanks for the offer, i'll keep it in mind. I honestly couldnt tell you what brake lines i need yet, aside from just need longer factory lines, I'm going to reuse my tacoma brake calipers for sure, but as to the length of the lines i need, i just dont know yet.
Boonie Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #33
NorcalPR
NorCal Chapter Pres

They'll work if you're around 24" frame height on 35's

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #34
Boonie Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalPR View Post
They'll work if you're around 24" frame height on 35's
Hmmm.... My goal was 37" Frame Height with 32's....
Old 10-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #35
Boonie Buster

I traded my flat pitman arm for a 3/4 drop arm last week. We shall see how long this lasts before i want my flat pitman arm back. But i figure this way, i can relieve the steering shaft angle when the time comes to set that up and also have the ability to throw a stock pitman arm on in a pinch.

I have this weird idea that keeping things to a simple and easy level of difficulty to replace, so i'm not hunting for a one-off custom part at the ma and pa's local mini-mart.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #36
NorcalPR
NorCal Chapter Pres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonie Buster View Post
Hmmm.... My goal was 37" Frame Height with 32's....
Oh darn

Just let me know. I still have them...

Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #37
Boonie Buster

So I updated my list once again.

I have since bought a 4runner E-Locker rear axle with 4.10s. My plans have changed slightly in that i'll run 4.10s and my awesome 32's for a bit longer. Basically adding a step in the process. I'm going to run the stock open 4.10 diff in the front, or get an E-Locker right away for the front as well. Regardless it will have E-lockers front and rear with 5.29s. but I'm just adding a step to the process.

I also ordered the TG tacoma shackle kit. I'm commited now and hoping that my mathz are correct.

I also removed the gears and setup kits from the overall total price, since those are now being sold and not part of the build anymore.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
Boonie Buster

Just picked up a front housing w/ E-locker installed and Sky motor guard. I have axles coming to me in the mail from another TTORA member (thanks!) Now I need to buy outer knuckles and start building!

Pictures added to original post of front and rear axle.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #39
Boonie Buster

Just updated the list further. I have purchased pretty much everything I will need for the swap, aside from some front spring bolts and misc other small parts.

Now to start regearing the diffs....
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #40
Boonie Buster

Bought some new rubber.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #41
Boonie Buster

Now I need to trim the fenders to clear the new rubber.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #42
alove0750

Good luck with your swap... I have zero regrets with the yota axle and I'm sure you will feel the same way when it's all said and done!
alove0750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #43
Boonie Buster

So I bought an IFS rear axle housing and soem rebuild parts to house my rear e-locker diff, which will narrow up my overall WMS to WMS, but match the front toy axle with IFS hubs nicely. No need for spacers to match the rear axle width. I have built the front differential, but not really any progress has been made since then.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #44
Redneck92

My Rig: 86 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonie Buster View Post
So I bought an IFS rear axle housing and soem rebuild parts to house my rear e-locker diff, which will narrow up my overall WMS to WMS, but match the front toy axle with IFS hubs nicely. No need for spacers to match the rear axle width. I have built the front differential, but not really any progress has been made since then.
Don't use an ifs housing no sense in making it skinnier. Also I wouldn't use a factory toy housing on a sas. They are way to narrow, leafs might be of but with links you will more than likely have to clearance the frame to make the coil overs fit. Then again if you link it just cut the front rails off and build new rails. Look into ruffstuff or some of the other company's that manufacture toy housings, with the exception of trail gear.

alove0750 is a buddy of mine and he still wishes he went with either a custom housing or 80 axles. Heres a link to his build which might help. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...xle-3link.html
Redneck92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #45
Boonie Buster

I'm going back and forth still on the IFS rear housing, I may give it to my dad for his truck. I'd rather rebuild the rear and toss it in.

I have started to build the front end, I'm finding a few parts I don't need and a few that i'm missing. I'm going to buy a set of taco rotors even though I have some on my truck currently. That way I can clearance the rotors for the wheel hubs without disturbing my truck in it's current state...which is running...
Old 10-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #46
Boonie Buster

Very slow progress as of late. But I installed new lug studs and started to assemble the wheel hubs. Bearing races pressed in. Need grease now!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #47
Boonie Buster

Plans have changed, anything in the list at the start of the thread is for sale, along with the truck.

PM me for details and pics of parts. I will let you know current asking price of the parts at that time.

Also the Truck is for sale.