ABS coming on >5 mph - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > New Members Area > Newbie Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Fresh

Default ABS coming on >5 mph

I searched through many threads and couldn't find the answer, so if it's out there I apologize in advance. I have an '04 Tacoma, recently I had and ABS code 34. I diagnosed it to be the cable. Got a new cable, and the code/problem went away.

Currently no ABS/CEL codes. When I am decelerating using normal brake pressure between 5 mph and stopping my ABS is momentarily engaging and the brake pedal pushes back against my foot. It will quickly come on and then disengage. When it first happened I took it that I had just worked on the system. However, this has persisted now for a couple of weeks.

Anyone ever experienced this before, or are there any threads out there referencing this issue that I failed to come across? Thanks.
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
tony g.

My 98' Tacoma did the same thing. I think tacomas have been doing this since they were created! Dealership tried to charge me 2300 to fix it. I just yanked the ABS relay. No more ABS problems. Being how yours is considerably newer you would probably like to fix it. I would check your wheel speed sensors. Make sure they are not dirty or anything.
Dakar rear leaf springs, w/5125's,
e-locker/rear, aussie/front
4xinnovations sliders
w/ 32x11.50 buckshots
relentless fab front bumper
Smittybuilt XRC-8000
Light force 170's
tony g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Fresh

Yep checked the speed sensors. I'm at a loss.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Fresh

bueller...bueller...bueller
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
85ATC350x

My Rig: 98 Tacoma

Make sure that the abs sensor is in flush and not crooked also check the abs tone ring on the axle to make sure it is free of debris or damage. What you describe is very common with a sensor issue also make sure the other sensors arent getting pushed up by rust forming underneath them on the axle housing/steering knuckle.

PINEY POWER
'98 Tacoma Xtracab Bought back by Toyota RIP

04 Tacoma Double Cab Toytec 3" lift springs on 5100's, 2" Wheelers AAL/1.25 Daystar shackles w/ Pro comp 1000s. 32' KM2's,Trail gear rear bumper, extended breathers, Cobra CB w/ 4' Firestik , custom gas tank skid, New Frame-Thanks Toyota!
85ATC350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
Fresh

Holy Smokes...It might be too early to tell, but I think I solved the problem. 85ATC350x you might have been right. There was some dirt/dust on the passenger rear speed sensor on the surface that sits flush to the tone ring. I cleaned it all off, and so far the ABS hasn't come on when stopping. We'll see if this works long term.